Outside sink

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Outside sink

Postby LShrew » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:17 am

I don't want to play around with any inside plumbing. Everywhere we camp there are showers and toilets. This way I don't take up space, worry about winterizing or have to find a hot water option. Almost everywhere you go it is illegal to pour gray water on the ground. It also is not the best for the evnironment. I do want to put in an outside "sink" to use to wash dishes, wash hands, etc. I have a portable gray water tank that I will use. What do you suggest I use for the "sink"? Also, how would you hook it up to the gray water tank. I have been thinking about this for a while and just can't seem to think of a good way of doing this.
LShrew
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Outside sink

Postby bobhenry » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:43 am

LShrew wrote:I don't want to play around with any inside plumbing. Everywhere we camp there are showers and toilets. This way I don't take up space, worry about winterizing or have to find a hot water option. Almost everywhere you go it is illegal to pour gray water on the ground. It also is not the best for the evnironment. I do want to put in an outside "sink" to use to wash dishes, wash hands, etc. I have a portable gray water tank that I will use. What do you suggest I use for the "sink"? Also, how would you hook it up to the gray water tank. I have been thinking about this for a while and just can't seem to think of a good way of doing this.

I thought Becca's side table wash station was a very simple yet elegant way to handle the dish washing chores. (still looking )

chew on this while I continue to look

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=715577&highlight=#715577

here it is just took some lookin'

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=38940&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby LShrew » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:35 pm

Thanks, I had searched the forums but there were way too many hits that came up and it would have taken "months" to look at them all. I agree that Becca's side table is a very well thought out design. :thumbsup: It is probably the best practicle solution that I have seen so far.
:applause:
LShrew
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions