new to forum and questions re: 6x10 cargo

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Postby MegC » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Roadthunder- Saris was the track system I was trying to remember from their trailer, thanks for the reminder. We've been using RockyMounts on the roof of our rig for... jeez... over ten years now. Upgraded to locking fork mounts and longer trays to accommodate my husband's bent. Not totally sure how we're going to lash everything up if/when we can finally afford to upgrade rigs since we're going from an SUV to a truck, but we'll figure it out.

jwhite- I wouldn't choose black but it might not be too big a deal. Here in the NW we CAN get really hot days on the east side of the Cascade mountains, but very rarely with the humidity you get in GA and at higher elevations it really cools off at night. Camping in hot days/nights on the coast are such a rarity that people will still talk about them with incredulity decades later. As in "When I was a kid we once took the boat out to Ozette lake to that boat-in-only trailhead and hiked to the beach, and it was so warm we could wear SHORTS on the beach without getting cold! All day! Can you believe it?!? We must have accidentally hit the only week/weekend out of the year when it was possible, except this year they probably didn't get that week at all... "
~ intel gathering until we get more $. If anyone's got a line on a winning lotto ticket or a tooth fairy I can shake down for cash, PM me.
"...believing in human perfectibility starts with trying to force people into a mold, then into a prison, and then into an oven."
MegC
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Prem » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:49 pm

My white trailer came with a bare aluminum roof. It was always a bit hot until I painted the roof white with elastomeric RV roof coating. Now it's significantly cooler on the hot, sunny days.
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby Roadthunder » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:41 pm

jwhite you bring up a great point about heat but I'm hoping the black color will bring the heat. I spend a lot of time in the Pac NW nearer the coast and any extra heat is welcomed. If it gets too hot (I just had dealer upgrade my CT to the Aluminum roof) I just won't be spending any time inside...hopefully will be riding my bicycle, off road motorcycle, surfing/SUP'ing or hanging out under the shade of my pop up tents.

Btw.. I know that Georgia heat/humidity well. I went to Army Basic, Infantry School, Airborne school and RIP at Ft. Benning and then later to Ft. Stewart w/75th Ranger Rgt. Yup, heat is a major concern there. That was 20 yrs ago and I can only imagine Global warming has made the summers even hotter since then :)
Roadthunder
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions