figured out dilemma with preventing lock-in

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

figured out dilemma with preventing lock-in

Postby lap527 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:28 pm

After reading and thinking about how to keep from getting locked in our conversion cargo trailer we have come up with an easy way. We used a gate lock and mounted in north and south and used the slide part to go up into the part that normally would lock the door (long handle). We then put a lock on it so we can lock it when sleeping at night. It's the same lock that we used to lock the cargo door. I don't know how to post a picture but it works and looks pretty good. Just thought I would pass it along. thanks for the forum I have been reading and learning. We also used 14 gauge wire and drilled a hole in floor and ran into a box with GFI and ran lights to each corner with a light receptable with plugs on each one. We also used a dummy plug to keep the end that comes out of the floor to the outside to keep it clean. We are now working on a system to put a screen up for the door and the ramp door. Thanks for all the information!
lap527
Teardrop Inspector

Postby vtx1029 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:31 am

Not sure how big your trailer is but we have this screen work great :thumbsup:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200351294_200351294?cm_ven=Aggregates&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=Tarps%2C%20Covers%2C%20Canopies%20%2B%20Shelters%3ECovers&cm_ite=517612?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=517612

For the doors we just put the padlock where it normally goes so it can't be latched and have a slide bolt inside to hold the door shut :thumbsup:

Here's another place too:

http://www.toyhaulerscreens.com/
vtx1029
Teardrop Master

Postby pete42 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:06 am

I belive it was WA who bought an extra latch plate the just like the one on his trailer
he placed the handle in the new latch plate that he mounted on the trailer padlocked it open
looks factory and not as messy as adding an eye-bolt through the trailer.
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions