Heater/Use or Lose this?

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Heater/Use or Lose this?

Postby southpennrailroad » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:36 pm

I just came across this from an old trailer and was wondering should I use this?

The trailer was sitting in a driveway for a number of years and has the old stove and sink as well. The only thing that is really rusted is where the outside meets the shield. That can be extended after cleaning it up.

I am a little perplexed though as there is no blower. Is it just radiant heat and should I install a fan if this is salvageable?
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby High Desert » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Looks like a radiant type. You would want to test it first, once those old regulators go bad they are near impossible to replace for less than a new heater costs, if you can find it all all. Been there done that before.
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Gadget Man » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:32 pm

I have that exact heater on a shelf in my shed.
It came out of a 1960 forester that I bought for $25.00 and used for a hunting shack in northern Minnesota. It heated that camper fine way below zero. I did find and replace the entire gas valve / thermostat bulb assembly.
I wasn't that hard to find. I would definitely test fire it first.
My kids may be smarter than me,
But I know more.
Gadget Man
Teardrop Master

Postby southpennrailroad » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Gadget Man wrote:I have that exact heater on a shelf in my shed.
It came out of a 1960 forester that I bought for $25.00 and used for a hunting shack in northern Minnesota. It heated that camper fine way below zero. I did find and replace the entire gas valve / thermostat bulb assembly.
I wasn't that hard to find. I would definitely test fire it first.

I ended up tossing it into a dumpster as living in a trailer I have no room to test it. I like the wall mounted heater I have. Thanks
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions