CT roof vents ...

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

CT roof vents ...

Postby GPW » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:52 am

While we've seen a lot of those flip top roof vents , I'd like to get something more streamline, and something that will let light in ... There used to be one shaped something like this : http://www.rvbusiness.com/2010/01/maxxa ... ntilation/ that we've used on Kustom Vans years ago ... can't find any now ... :( Checked the Van places , RV stores ... just more of the same ... anybody seen anything like this in clear or smoke tint ???
would be great on top a CT ... Streamline ...
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Re: CT roof vents ...

Postby fromeo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:16 pm

GPW wrote:While we've seen a lot of those flip top roof vents , I'd like to get something more streamline, and something that will let light in ... There used to be one shaped something like this : http://www.rvbusiness.com/2010/01/maxxa ... ntilation/ that we've used on Kustom Vans years ago ... can't find any now ... :( Checked the Van places , RV stores ... just more of the same ... anybody seen anything like this in clear or smoke tint ???
would be great on top a CT ... Streamline ...

I took a look in the catalog here and don't see any actual vents in that style, just the crank-ups in various sizes. There's a couple of fans on the market that pop-up for use and look that way.

I have those MaxxAir covers on my 24' and I bought a pair for the current build as well. They are terrific (no rain gets in and the vent lids don't take a beating from debris or highway wind) and very simple to install over the standard 14" crank up vents. The newest model is the "MaxxAir 2" which is a bit more streamlined looking and has greater airflow, so much so that I can run a fantastic fan on high with that cover over it. The new ones also come with quick release brackets for easy cleaning under them.

I used white to keep the light down, but they come in a bunch of colors including a translucent white and a smoke. I think I saw another brand in clear. If you really wanted to let the light in, you could change to a clear cover on a crank-up vent as well, I've seen those in clear polycarbonate, sold as "unbreakable."

Just a thought, they are easy to get and pretty inexpensive. I paid about $20 each for the originals, and about $30 for the new style.

- Frank
fromeo
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Frank , Thanks !!! May just have to go that way ... they do have a lot of cool "covers" ... :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby dudleydoright » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:42 pm

gpw,

go to google, and type in 'ventmate', then pick the one at coastaldistribution.com, looks like they have 4 clear colors.
GONE FISHIN'

ddr
dudleydoright
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:09 am

DDR, Thanks !!! :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions