roof vent qustion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

roof vent qustion

Postby aqclean » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:33 am

Hi all
My question is when you pulled the interior trim ring down or loosened
(sp) it to slide ceiling in was there any leak issue's. Did you use the same screws? I do not plan on touching the exterior part of vent at all, as to not break the seal. All I do is eat sleep and talk CT this is crazy.
Dave in RI
aqclean
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Arne » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:08 pm

The trim ring has nothing to do with the seal on the vent.... no problem.

The vent is screwed onto the top. Has nothing to do with the trim ring inside....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby b.bodemer » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:39 pm

I plan on adding a MaxxAir Cover. These worked really well on my standie Scotty and I have a clear on ready to install for my CT project.

What's nice is you can have the vent open in the rain both in camp or while driving.

They are easy to install by just taking out a few outer screws, just make sure to add a sealant back into the screw hole after installing.
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Kyle1911 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:00 pm

Dave, I might be even crazier. I eat sleep and talk ct's, and I am still waiting for the factory to finish mine! I am thinking of installing 2 of these in my conversion. One in the bathroom wall, up high, and one in a roof vent, probably with the maxxair cover. The pre-made fans are great, but the price is insane. Even if this flows 1/2 of it's rated 160cfm, it should still make a decent ventilator. Regards, Kyle

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10435 ... 6c15s714nt
Kyle1911
Teardrop Advisor

Postby aqclean » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks. wasn't sure so I figured I would throw it out there and ask. Going to run up to lowes tonight and see what they got for ceiling usage. I browsed on line last night and it looks like they have a really good selection. of panels. thanks again about the vent.
Dave in RI
aqclean
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GPW » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:12 am

Since it rains so much in our part of the country , I'm somewhat reluctant to cut a hole in my CT roof for a vent .. here everything leaks eventually :o Was thinking of putting a small vent up high on one of the rear doors ... anybody tried that .... ???
If I put a small closable floor vent/hatch (one of those boat fittings ) in the front floor... I could get cross ventilation , possibly with the assist of a small computer fan or one like Kyle suggested... :thinking:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions