anyone had campgrounds refuse a ct

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

anyone had campgrounds refuse a ct

Postby Tman » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi all.Stumbled across this site a while back and have been "lurking" for a while. I am very interested in converting a 6x10 ct for campng with my family. My only concern is: has anyone had a issue with a campground refusing to let you in in a ct trailer? I have had a few mixed reactions when I have asked the folks running the camp grounds I have visted if they would allow this. I don't want to get started on something that I want be able to use. Has anyone else had issues? Thanks
Tman
Tman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby pete42 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:34 pm

welcome to the site

If and when I ever get a CT I will add decals just like the toy haulers.

I may be in ther minority since there has been a lot of talk of being stealth so you can camp anywhere like a town square, library parking lot ect.

I want something that looks like it belongs in a campground, I'm not worried someone will break-in and steal anything while sitting in a restaurant parking lot they do that now.

If it looked like a contractors trailer they may break in quicker looking for power tools.

One person mounted his solar panels between the rungs on a ladder on his roof so people would not know they were there.

Pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

NOPE!!

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:24 pm

I have never had anyone ever question me. I usually arrive late to local gatherings so by the time I arrive 30 or 40 teardrops have already checked in and maybe that has something to do with it. I did wonder at first like you but don't anymore.
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby michiganflipper » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:41 pm

no but everyone whats to look at it
michiganflipper
Teardrop Master

Postby southpennrailroad » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Here in Pa they don't seem to care at Gillford Pinochet SP. But then that and Keystone were the only ones I camped at. Mostly I camp on the old Penna Trpk. ut I am allowed. Privileged.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby Gonefishin » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:23 am

No problems here either. Most campground hosts and other campers want to see inside. If anything, it draws a little too much attention, as it stands out amongst the other traditional campers/trailers. Mine has no decals or distinguishing features except a battery up front, the windows, and roof vents.
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:35 am

Went camping once at Keystone SP and a lady who had to go home twice to get what she needed into her station wagon for tent camping came up to our site to see how we slept with no tent. She said where do you sleep as she saw no tent.

We gave her the tour.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby vreihen » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:10 am

I seem to recall mention here a while back of one camp site that had problems letting any non-factory campers hook up to electrical service, because they lacked some sort of electrical certification.....
vreihen
Teardrop Master

Postby michiganflipper » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:14 pm

why because most ct are wired better then a store boughtn one
michiganflipper
Teardrop Master

Postby starleen2 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:17 pm

vreihen wrote:I seem to recall mention here a while back of one camp site that had problems letting any non-factory campers hook up to electrical service, because they lacked some sort of electrical certification.....

Snobbery! :x
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby pete42 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:40 am

vreihen wrote:I seem to recall mention here a while back of one camp site that had problems letting any non-factory campers hook up to electrical service, because they lacked some sort of electrical certification.....

that sucks one could just use an exension cord, I have seen travel trailers using them.
I have used them to run things electrical on the picnick table before.
pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Bikerman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:51 pm

I'd don't think your would have a problem at a state or county "campground" where you'll likely have a probelm is at privately owned "RV" sites. Yes, it's snobbery, some guy sitting there with a $600,000 conversion may not smile if an 8' trailer parks next to him. You might feel snubbed a bit too at the club house or RV pool & suna. There are several of these in and around Branson, Mo. Soultion? Just don't stop there. :R
Bikerman
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions