I lost the web site !!

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

I lost the web site !!

Postby CT Eddie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:57 pm

I'm a newbie been lurking for a while and love this fourm. I'm looking for a CT to convert. Spotted a CT on a web site somewhere and forgot to mark it for future reference. :cry: The CT was a "V" nose with a flat roof that slanted down in front to provide additional wind resistance. Anyone recall such a CT? Thanks.......
CT Eddie
Donating Member

Postby kickintail » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:16 pm

mission trailers
It makes sense if you don't think about it
kickintail
Donating Member

Postby Big Dan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:17 pm

look in your favorites-history on your comuter
"Happiness is only real when shared" Alexander Supertramp
Big Dan
The 300 Club

Postby Trackstriper » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:19 pm

There's a trailer manufacturer here in Georgia that does what I think you're describing...but I don't think that would help your local purchasing situation.

http://www.xtratufftrailers.com/trailer-search/33-cargo/cargo

I think that if you looked at what they call a "bull-nosed" trailer that it would probably work even better than the sloped V nose. Tough to tell for sure but the bull-nose (and other manufacturers make trailers with this design) probably provides for a better transition for the air from the front of the trailer to the sides .....if you are going with a trailer with a flat top. Lots of Ford vs. Chevy thinking about the efficacy of V-nosed trailer aerodynamics, on this forum and elsewhere. Many, many opinions. It may depend on what type of tow vehicle you're going to use.

Plenty of threads about trailer aerodynamics on this forum.
Trackstriper
Gold Donating Member

Postby pete42 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:04 pm

There has been so many debates about wind and the V nosed trailers.

I want the V nose for the extra enclosed space up front.

having said that I think the slanted roof would take away from the inside room and would not improve the mileage.

pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby jwhite » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:42 pm

I went with a slant front roof because I liked the way it looked if I got any better gas milage that would be great,after looking for months at trailers on Ebay the vnose looked dated or a older design and the slant front was something new.?
I knew when I built the trailer I would be camping next to some high dollar motorhomes, fifth wheels and toyhaulers so I wanted something that looked good.
The first trip I went on last year it was in Florida in september and I was camped right next to a 40-foot A class diesel the old guy looked in my trailer and just said that's all you need.
I was jokeing with them and I said everything was working at home and this was my first trip so everything should work but I had never run everything off the generator for very long and I needed it to run all weekend.
I was having trouble getting the AC to cool the trailer down when the compresor would kick in it would cut off so I had to adjust the throttle for it to handle the load and it worked fine after that.
I did burn more gas than I thought I would but now I just carry more with me.
I am leaving in the morning on another trip and I will be takeing a 10 day trip at the end of the month.
jwhite
The 300 Club

Still looking..........

Postby CT Eddie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks folks for your good suggestions. :) My reasoning for choice of a CT is simalar to JWhites'. His CT looks very good. I recall your built reports, Jwhite and your work notes and comments are very helpfull to me in my planning process. However, I have been unable to see the brand name in your photos or find the supplier of your CT. What is the brand? Thanks, again...
CT Eddie
Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions