Digital Battery Monitor?

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Postby fromeo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:39 pm

parnold wrote:In reading the directions for the Doc Wattson, it can track from charger to Battery, but the wires would all have to be reversed. Not worth it for me.

Thanks Paul!
fromeo
Teardrop Master

Postby pete42 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Pauls right it only tracks in one direction a simple switch would allow you to track either way either a momentary or a toggle switch would work.
their so cheap you can buy two and keep track of both ways.

pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bdosborn » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:42 am

I have a Trimetric 2025 RV Meter that tracks amp-hrs in and out of the battery. It will toggle through displays of percent full, current, voltage from two sources, amps, amp-hr, kw-hrs, lifetime battery amp-hrs, etc. Its expensive but it works great for me as I tend to be a bit obsessive/compulsive about the battery and solar panels. It takes all the guess work of trying to determine battery state of charge from voltage. There's a couple of other meters that do the same kind of thing (Xantrex has a couple) but I like the 2025 due to the LED display; its easier for me to read than the LCD type. It also has an alarm that goes off when I get below a certain voltage so hopefully I don't ruin my batteries by running them too low. Here's a pic of mine, I was looking at watts coming from the portable solar panel on a cloudy day:

User Manual

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby pete42 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Now that's some good looking panel.

At work when we changed over from analog meters to Digital the saying was "nothing looks better than Digital.....no mater how wrong they are".

I like my lil digital meter now all I need is a trailer.

pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions