Nevada New CT Conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Postby woodenchef » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:50 pm

They also have a Black & White awning (Special Order) I wish I knew they had this before I ordered. I just seen it on some other site after the fact

It would have been a better match for me :)
woodenchef
Teardrop Inspector

I agree on the memory foam but we use cots.

Postby chukar » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:59 pm

8ball_99 wrote:Sorry to hear you've had some problems.
3 way fridges do tend to raise the budget also! I had to get creative on my vent setup for mine also since it wasn't against an exterior wall.

As for the bed. I might would reconsider the air mattress. We used them in tents and then in our first cargo trailer. They do the job I guess. Me and my wife both hated them. Pretty much everyone we camp with doesn't care for them either. One of the biggest pluses to a trailer for us was being able to have a real bed.. I bought a memory foam RV mattress off of ebay for 135 to my door.. It sleeps a hundred times better then the air mattress. Its also much easier to just fold the bed up and down vs pumping up the air mattress. Or deflating it and folding it up.. Heck we can even leave the bed made and fold it up against the wall. So at night we just lay the bed down stick a couple pillows on it and were done.. I've also had the pleasure of having my air mattress spring a slow leak so you wake up about 2 am laying on plywood.. Run the loud pump to air it back up only to wake up on plywood again a few hours later.. IMO get a foam mattress....

First, welcome fellow Lyon Co. resident!!

We too went with the Queen Mattress which we strapped to the wall in the morning (after the initial setup) and laid back down at nite.

We have now switched to 4-inch memory foam on cheap army cots from Cabelas. Soo much more comfort!! In our 7-foot wide we have 2 plus feet between the 2-28-inch cots so we can get up at night without disturbing each other. Most times we leave the cots set up and use as couches or chairs with the partners cot serving as foot rest. There is also a lot of storage area under the cots for food boxes; suitcases and camping gear. The fold up beds would work almost as well but limits your cargo capacity and would not allow us to load our Yamaha Rhino.
chukar
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions