Pump handle faucet

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Pump handle faucet

Postby drcurran » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:37 am

Looking for advice on a pump handle faucet. I don't plan on having a water heater, so I just need a single handle. I've seen pump type for sale, but was wondering if they can pump water up from a container under the counter to the sink. And advice is appreciated and locations to purchase the type you have would be helpful. Thanks

Dan
"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."
TK
drcurran
Teardrop Master

Manual Water Pumps

Postby Engineer Guy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:18 am

Here's some Hand Pumps. Yes, they're intended to pump up from a small Tank [as in Pop Up Tent Trailers], or a Jerry Can of Water.

I installed a new one of these as Barter to pay back a pal whose Pop Up I borrowed. They work well when pulling Water modest distances.

Manual Water Pumps

If you review some older Trailers for sale on, say, 'Craig's List', you'll see these types of Hand Pumps as standard in pictures.
~Reality proceeds with or without your consensus~
Engineer Guy
The 300 Club

Postby angib » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:34 am

I've used them a lot in boats and the rocker handle type are much better to use than the up-down pump type - you can keep up the action on the rocker handle type indefinitely (even without changing hands at 100...), but filling something like a cooking pan with the up-down type becomes a real pain in the wrist.
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby b.bodemer » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:24 am

Good for soaping up, simple rinsing of hands and brushing teeth. I use a 3 gallon fresh and a five gallon grey. They fit perfect under the sink with this set up.
http://cttraveltrailer.blogspot.com/201 ... alled.html

If you need a lot of water it's best to have a 12v pump.

I'm happy with my manual Valterra pump. I did have problems with one fo them leaking at the handle and the company has a one year warranty and sent a replacement. No questions asked, just where and when did I buy them. I did not have to even show a receipt.

Right now it's a simple set up I like and will continue to use into next years camping season.
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:54 am

I agree with Andrew as far as hand pumps go but good ones are expensive, I had an antique one in the Gypsy trailer and loved it. Consider a foot operated galley pump, it mounts on the floor behind the cabinet with just the foot pedal sticking out.... not only hands free operation, but it is below the water tank so priming is never an issue. My next galley pump will be foot operated.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions