Insulation

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Insulation

Postby drcurran » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:14 pm

I tied a search for my question, but as usual way too many post included in the results that don't help. So any help is appreciated. Getting ready to insulate. My wall are 1.25" deep and Idon't see insulation at that thickness. I can get 1" and I can get .25". Should I go to the trouble and expense of the extra .25 or will the results not be worth it? Second question Pink or "kinda white" with silver on one side, and should I face silver to the inside of the trailer, or towards the outside? Thanks for any help.
Dan
"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."
TK
drcurran
Teardrop Master

More Info

Postby drcurran » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:43 pm

I did a little more research on this issur. The pink vs. the white with silver side R-value difference Pink = 5.0 and White = 6.5, is the 1.5 worth the extra money (probably about $30). What I thought was 1/4" pink was 3/8" so that will not work. Thanks again for any help.

Dan
"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."
TK
drcurran
Teardrop Master

Postby 8ball_99 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:32 pm

My walls were 1" I was going to just install 1" pink foam. After looking at the cost of 1" vs 3/4". I figured out I could buy 3/4" foam and a few rolls of that Foil bubble rap insulation for about the same cost.. Doing the two layers of the different insulation upped the R Value a lot over just a single layer of 1".. I don't remember the exact numbers though. In my opinion fill the space you have with insulation and use what ever combination that gives you the highest R value. Just keep price and labor in mind.. I probably could have got a better R value using 4 layers of that 1/4" foil bubble rap and no foam.. But it would have cost to much and been a pain in the butt lol...
8ball_99
500 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions