Propane Time

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Propane Time

Postby Xtremespeed » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Ok. I ended up using the solid black gas pipe underneath. I drilled 1 1/4" holes through the metal floor studs and used short lengths of heavy rubber hose around the pipe to hold it in place and keep it isolated from the metal studs. A hose clamp on each one prevents the hose from sliding down the pipe and out of the hole in the stud and also prevents the pipe from sliding. I also placed my tee and elbows underneath and secured them to the bottom of the floor with conduit straps. The first connection inside the trailer on both sides of the tee (which is outside) is a 3/8" brass nipple connected to a shutoff valve. One valve connected to the water heater (suburban 6 gal propane or 110v) and the other to my quick connect hose for my buddy heater. I can shutoff gas to either or both independently of each other. I believe my heater should be ok as long as I have a window open or my fantastic fan on or open for extra air. I can now delegate the hose pictured above to camp stove duty outside Thanks to everyone for all the info and advice. Now time to finish the plumbing.
Xtremespeed
Teardrop Advisor

Postby BC Dave » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:23 am

Xtremespeed wrote:Ok. I ended up using the solid black gas pipe underneath. I drilled 1 1/4" holes through the metal floor studs and used short lengths of heavy rubber hose around the pipe to hold it in place and keep it isolated from the metal studs. A hose clamp on each one prevents the hose from sliding down the pipe and out of the hole in the stud and also prevents the pipe from sliding. I also placed my tee and elbows underneath and secured them to the bottom of the floor with conduit straps. The first connection inside the trailer on both sides of the tee (which is outside) is a 3/8" brass nipple connected to a shutoff valve. One valve connected to the water heater (suburban 6 gal propane or 110v) and the other to my quick connect hose for my buddy heater. I can shutoff gas to either or both independently of each other. I believe my heater should be ok as long as I have a window open or my fantastic fan on or open for extra air. I can now delegate the hose pictured above to camp stove duty outside Thanks to everyone for all the info and advice. Now time to finish the plumbing.

humm-ph sounds good; but when you have a chance you have to post pictures! Im intrested in the black pipe set up and holes through the studs.

Independent shutoff are a goo idea and a good saftey feature too.

dont forget ... :pictures: ! lol
BC Dave
Teardrop Master

Postby OverTheTopCargoTrailer » Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 pm

Sorry that i'm a little late to your party :x :x

I just did a 117,000 Btu Instant propane water heater with 2 - 20 lbs propane bottles,
this site below was pretty good with info , my local propane guy was also helpful
I'm also thinking about running some extra lines with the new CSST - for sale at Lowe's now
I have a 40k grill burner 8) 8) - and am deciding between interior bottle or under the floor gas line,
I may just do both so I can play with the CSST "flex yellow gas pipe"

http://www.propane101.com/understandingpropanetanks.htm

If you wanna see my set up go to the link below

http://overthetopcargotrailer.blogspot.com/

:beer: :beer:
OverTheTopCargoTrailer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions