E-track

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

E-track

Postby semihippie » Fri May 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi everyone, I'm in the planning stages of my CTC and was wondering if someone can clarify how E-track works. What kind of attachment do I need for it to slide along it? I plan on making a bed that will raise/lower. I don't see any tabs or levers on any attachments. Also would I need 4 vertical pieces or would 2 suffice with adequate framing?
semihippie
Teardrop Inspector

Re: E-track

Postby Lotsa_cold_beer » Fri May 11, 2012 6:00 pm

I bought mine from this place. Zoom in on some of the attachments and you can see the levers. I put 4 vertical pieces in the back of my 7x16 to hold a queen size mattress. I like the flexibility of vertical because you can adjust the height of your bunk bed, or move it to the ceiling to get stuff in and out of the trailer.

http://www.shipperssupplies.com/ETrack/
Lotsa_cold_beer
Teardrop Inspector

Postby semihippie » Fri May 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Ok so my next question would be, how easy is it for one person to raise and lower the bed? As it stands it looks like it might be a PITA having to lower it one corner at a time, depending on how much it weighs I suppose. I plan on doing the exact same thing when I get my trailer. Thank you for the reply

Shawn
semihippie
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Lotsa_cold_beer » Mon May 14, 2012 6:24 pm

It's more work for one person to move, but I like the flexibility it offers...one person is able to change the height or totally remove the bunk if you need the room for hauling. It's easiest to move with three people, but two can move it if you don't want to totally disassemble it.

I ran (2) 2x6's left to right, and (5) 2x4's between the 2x6's front to back using 2x4 sockets screwed to the 2x6's. So for one person to move it you have to remove the (5) 2x4's, then remove the (2) 2x6's, then move the e-track sockets.
Lotsa_cold_beer
Teardrop Inspector

Postby semihippie » Mon May 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Awesome, thanks for the idea :beer:
semihippie
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions