Poppy's Toybox / Toyhauler Build

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Poppy's Toybox / Toyhauler Build

Postby RWH » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Sure wish I had seen this before I started framing mine out. I really like how you managed the V-nose area. Great job and very clean looking. :thumbsup:
Cargo Trailer Conversion Toy Hauler Conversion
My Prospecting Videos Videos By Muddog Productions
RWH
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Dirtclod » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:10 pm

expensivehobby22 wrote:I love the look of the interior of your trailer. It's exactly what I had in mind myself.

Any more info on the actual process of carpeting the walls? How is it holding up?

Thanks for the kind words. The carpet has held up great. We have hauled 3 big bikes, a 4 wheeler, several bikes and it still looks and even smells new !! One nice thing is it really hides screw holes well so if I need to temporarily screw something to the wall its not a big deal.

We measure the walls and found that a 12 foot roll of carpet when cut in half would cover the walls from about 2 inches from the top almost to the floor. Diamond plate crown covered the shortage at the ceiling and the baseboard that we glued in covered the rest. We actually help the carpet in place then screwed 1x4s through the carpet into the existing plywood wall about 1/2 way between floor and ceiling. Folded the top half of the carpet down and then spread outdoor carpet adhesive with a V notch trowel on the plywood on the top half then pressed the carpet into the glue as we went up the wall. Hit it with a J roller to make sure it was stuck well. Unscrewed the 1X4's and then screwed them along the top to hold the freshly glued carpet in place. Folded the bottom half of the carpet up and held it up with 1x4's while spreading glue on the bottom half. Pulled the boards and rolled the carpet down an pressed into place. My wife was a BIG help on this part.

The front cabinets came out great but took a LOOOING time stick building the frames then making doors. Time was really no issue for me so I decided to make the cabinets myself. If I had to do it over again I may try to find some stock cabinets and use those. I bet I drilled 200 pocket holes !!!
Dirtclod
Teardrop Master

Postby hikrynut » Mon May 18, 2015 6:07 pm

Dirtclod, I was parked next to your trailer at the SLAP dual sport rally this last weekend and I have to say, after following your build ( and borrowing a few ideas) it was really good to see it in person. Top notch work! Glad to see it is still in fine shape a year later. Wish you had actually been there so I could pick your brain a little as I'm still in the process of building mine. But I'm sure you'll hear all about the great weather you missed from Patrick.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431990434.783835.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431990434.783835.jpg (102.78 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
hikrynut
Teardrop Builder

Postby faust_21 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:36 pm

Reviving an old post here but after using the trailer I was wondering how the vertical etrack beds worked out and how you mounted them? Did you weld in supports to screw them to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions