Canadian 6 x 10 toy hauler conversion, eh!

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Canadian 6 x 10 toy hauler conversion, eh!

Postby shepoutside » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:58 am

Well, time to get working on this project. Snow is melting, so can get this under way soon. This pic is one I found and really like ( thanks pvangle :thumbsup: ) as it fits my trailer/plans well. I need to have room for my bike, and also my wife scooter (she has MS) It will have AC (window unit mounted at this point, but looking for advise on Climate right, or split AC systems :thinking: ) area for Porta-poti, or a installed one. Not planning on adding a side door, will instead put a large window on the passage side. :roll: forget what else, but have a plan on paper somewhere, lol. Been picking up stuff over the winter, so almost ready to roll.
shepoutside
Teardrop Inspector

Postby shepoutside » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:08 am

Ice is melting, not ice fishing, and to much water on the ice to race my bike around, so guess it's time to get to work. Trailer is almost unfrozen from the ground, and soon will be able to get going on the build. Floor plan has changed yet again, and sure it will again before, and while it is being built. As it is cargo doors, with no side door, seems most things may be reversed, or sideways, as to most builds. Did go shopping for AC, and think I will go with a roof top mount, as I have found one that will run and START, under 13.2 amps. :thumbsup: so can run off a small genny, just having trouble with the 800 buck price tag. :cry: I will have a motorized roof vent too, so 2 holes in the roof will be the first order of business, as well as insulating walls and roof, and a window/hatch on one wall. May add a few small windows around for light. The AC is for my wife, a must have when she's with me for the MS. The rest of the build will be more Off grid, but needed to explain why the AC. Needs to be usable this summer for weekend trips, then For the month of September we will be using it for a maritime tour ( Newfoundland, PEI, Nova Scotia etc. ) 3 weeks in Florida will follow next winter. Been a great winter of reading on this forum, thanks to all that post, and now time to see what kind of mess I can make.
shepoutside
Teardrop Inspector

Postby dustboy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:53 pm

shepoutside wrote:So planning a chuck box to attach to the outside, so as to save room inside.

Wish I had seen that pic of the chuckbox over the fender before. Saves a ton of interior room over what I did.
dustboy
Teardrop Master

Postby shepoutside » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:18 am

:x This summer has been sooo busy, that this project has been on the back burner. But I need this to be, probably not be finished, but usable in 3 weeks, as we are off to the coast. Hope that's enough time, or will work on it on the trip, LOL
Off to insulate :thumbsup:
shepoutside
Teardrop Inspector

Postby lrrowe » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:13 pm

dustboy wrote:
shepoutside wrote:So planning a chuck box to attach to the outside, so as to save room inside.

Wish I had seen that pic of the chuckbox over the fender before. Saves a ton of interior room over what I did.

I would like to make one that travels inside my Barn Doors and then is fairly easy to pull out and attach to the side or at the least, on a table by the side. I think it has been done here; I just need to find it again and study it.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby shepoutside » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:17 pm

Wow, 6 year back burner, and now it is time to get going on this project. Sadly my Wife became bed bound, and I have not been able to get out or away as I had hope to, but now she is in LTC, I will be able to take off for some tripping again. As it is just myself, my needs will be more simple then I had planned before. I still have the White trailer, I think it is about 20 years old, but it is like brand new, and built solid, and with 3)4 inch plywood walls. It is a 6 X 10 with barn doors at the back, and no side door or vent. I think I want the side door, so that will be the first step, along with windows. Will post pics and build progress. Glad to be back, and have a lot more post to read, to get to many ideas :)
shepoutside
Teardrop Inspector

Postby aggie79 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:21 am

shepoutside wrote:Wow, 6 year back burner, and now it is time to get going on this project. Sadly my Wife became bed bound, and I have not been able to get out or away as I had hope to, but now she is in LTC, I will be able to take off for some tripping again. As it is just myself, my needs will be more simple then I had planned before. I still have the White trailer, I think it is about 20 years old, but it is like brand new, and built solid, and with 3)4 inch plywood walls. It is a 6 X 10 with barn doors at the back, and no side door or vent. I think I want the side door, so that will be the first step, along with windows. Will post pics and build progress. Glad to be back, and have a lot more post to read, to get to many ideas :)

That's an amazing re-boot time! I'm sorry to hear about your wife but, as hard as it was for her to be in LTC, she will receive the care she needs.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions