'SNO ESCAPE, New to me 7x14 CT conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 'SNO ESCAPE, New to me 7x14 CT conversion

Postby Jiffypop207 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:41 pm

My girlfriend and I have been camping 4 times in the trailer this year with one more planned trip in a couple weeks. The trailer has been awesome!!! I absolutely love the layout and we have never asked for more room or something to be a little this or that, which is quite surprising. We have added a few things like hooks here and there and a few wire baskets screwed to the walls for organizing of storage (a few more to be added I am sure). If we are not on a full hook up site, but have water hook-up we are good to watch how much goes down the drain using tubs to wash/rinse so the tank will last the weekend.

The porta-poti is a blessing and having it raised to a standard toilet height makes it much easier to use. I love having it in its own "closet" as you simply go in, nothing to move or setup, and get some privacy. It is simple enough to empty. If it were not there then the camping would be very less desirable for my girlfriend if she had to trudge across the park to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

I finally polyurathaned all the oak and it came out beautifully. I still need to add the battens to my ceiling but this summer has been a hot one and motivation to do it has been super low. The flooring I used has not laid flat for awhile due to the very constant humidity this summer. Before out last trip I put 6 screws into it with fender washers and that made it sit as it should. I will likely leave them there I the floor heave was really annoying me.
Looking forward to using it more!

Adam
Jiffypop207
Teardrop Master

Postby McDave » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:51 pm

Hey Adam,
Good to hear from ya again. Glad your trailer is working out for you, I knew it would just from the quality of work and the amount of foresight and planning.
Have you been hauling your Road Glide with you? Just curious how that has worked out.
Just about done with the rallies for this year, 2=3 left depending on when the first snow hits. Sturgis was CRAZY! Still a lot of fun, some stories that can't be told here. I've been meaning to send a package to you, it's just been crazy around here since I can remember. I'll get it done soon, I promise.
Not a lot of progress on the Harley Hauler yet, but it should slow down here and then I'll get busy. I did get the roof bracing for the A/C welded in and tested/cleaned the unit. Works great! Thanks again.
Anyways, glad the trailer is working out for you. Maybe some pics of it in action?
McDave
Last edited by McDave on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Jiffypop207 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:16 pm

Yes, Road Glide has been on all the trips with us. Weekend trip usually only means one ride day on Saturday, but we have yet to have a weekend camping with less then 200 miles put on the bike. Labor day that we just finished was 580 on the truck for the round trip and 385 on the bike over two days.

Took a couple attempts with different philosophies to find which meathodof tying the bike down worked the best,but it has been traveling well in its travel home.

Adam
Jiffypop207
Teardrop Master

Postby BigDave_185 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:00 am

Beautiful wood work!!! Thank you for the detailed information and attention to detail in your built thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BigDave_185
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions