CGRotorhead' 6x10 base camp build

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: CGRotorhead' 6x10 base camp build

Postby CGRotorhead » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:35 am

So i got my exterior lighting planned out. Blitzpro was having a killer deal on lighting switches and free shipping to boot. I also got a switch holder and a double USB port for charging phones and what not.

So I will have 3 lights on the right side of the trailer and 2 off the rear. Now I just need to order a couple dome lights and I'll be ready to start installing everything. I have a blue seas 6 spot fuse panel and battery I had in the garage that will hold me over till I can get a deep cycle.
   HE WHO LIVES WITHOUT DISCIPLINE, DIES WITHOUT HONOR.
                                  
CGRotorhead
Teardrop Master

Postby CGRotorhead » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:17 pm

So since we are on holiday routine till the 6th of jan and only standing 1 in 4 duty plans are: to pull my trailer into the hangar to dry out (we have had pretty much 2 straight months of rain everyday), remove the inside panels, then take some measurements for insulation, then start to wire in and mount my 5 exterior (3 on the rightside and 2 off the rear) LEDs that I got from blitzpro. Have to see how much I can actually get done with my hand still healing up from having a tumor moved in November.
Pile of crap that needs to go in
                                  
CGRotorhead
Teardrop Master

Postby Prem » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:23 pm

:thumbsup: You da man.
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby lrrowe » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:27 pm

I am very interested in your results as I am going to order my wire and other accessories very shortly. I will watch your progress with much interest.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby CGRotorhead » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Thnaks guys :beer: I'm hoping hot I have enough wire :worship:
                                  
CGRotorhead
Teardrop Master

Postby CGRotorhead » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:05 am

Got some work done on the trailer today. Pulled it into the hangar and pulled all my duck hunting gear out of it.
Started to take all the panels out. Man was there a lot of gaps on the floor and frame
And check out this wiring
Took measurements for insulation, haven't decided on which kind of insulation I will be using. But, I will need to spray foam the edge where the floor meets the frame of the trailer.

Next step will be to mock up where I want my lights and start mounting them and do some proper wiring.
                                  
CGRotorhead
Teardrop Master

Postby wtcreaux » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:09 am

CG,

I used the self-tapping screws provided by the manufacturer along the second-to-top row. The self-tapping feature prevents from using a nut so I cut it off, then ran a ¼" coarse thread over. I used butyl rubber tape between the bracket and the railing, then used a locking washer and nut on the inside. On the inside, a big glob of silicon caulk over everything. I then drilled a ⅜" hole just to the side and below of the light for the wire. I allowed a drip loop in the wire and filled everything up with silicon. I'll try to get pictures this afternoon. I have run all wiring in a 1" wire loom in the upper corners of my build.

BTW, make sure your wires are out of the way before screwing anything (see my build "6x12 TA V-nose project")

How's the hand??

William
wtcreaux
Teardrop Master

Postby CGRotorhead » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:46 pm

Thanks for the input. You pretty much nailed everything that I was planning on doing :thumbsup: as for the hand it's getting stronger just doing my physical therapy 3 times a week. Hand surgeon still doesn't know if the nerve that was crushed by the tumor will ever come back so for now I'm just trying to strengthen the rest of the muscles in my hand snd arm so they can compensate for the lack of the other muscles
                                  
CGRotorhead
Teardrop Master

Postby CGRotorhead » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:46 am

Well the last couple days have been productive. Got my flood lights mounted and wired up.
Two off the back
And three off of the right side
And here are the switches I used
Power off
Power on
So here is a look at my wiring.
I also ran wire for two dome lights that will go to a third switch and power for a fantastic fan that im still waitining to get. But, this will make it easier for me to add those in the future by not having to remove the side panels again. All i will have to do is hook them upto the power and ground then add a fuse in the corresponding slt. As well as a 12v socket and a duel slot USB charging port up forward. Just waiting to figure out what kind of insulation I'm going to use and I still need to get a battery box to mount on the tongue. It will house the old spare battery that I will use for now and my blue seas fuse block. All switches will be held in a three switch holder made for the OTRATTW switches.
Last edited by CGRotorhead on Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
                                  
CGRotorhead
Teardrop Master

Postby chiefb711 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:14 pm

CGRotorhead wrote:Got the lights mounted today

Looks really good! Glad to hear your hand is doing better.
chiefb711
Teardrop Advisor

Postby CGRotorhead » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:29 pm

Ya the strength is starting to come back. But my damaged nerve may never heal :NC so right now Im re training my brain and to have my forearm muscles have more input on moving my fingers. I'm also trying to switch dominant hands for some stuff to my left hand. The human body is crazy
                                  
CGRotorhead
Teardrop Master

Postby lrrowe » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:37 am

CGRotorhead wrote:Ya the strength is starting to come back. But my damaged nerve may never heal :NC so right now Im re training my brain and to have my forearm muscles have more input on moving my fingers. I'm also trying to switch dominant hands for some stuff to my left hand. The human body is crazy

I understand fully what you said about retraining the brain. I am trying that now with my hearing now that I just got a pair of hearing aids. I have to retrain my brain on how to hear and understand words correctly. The brain is an amazing thing.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby lrrowe » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:45 am

CGRotorhead wrote:Well the last couple days have been productive. Got my flood lights mounted and wired up.

Are you going to seal the wires in the hole by using plenty of silicone? This hole issue is one of the reasons I did not consider using outside lamps with wire mountinglike that.
Bob

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby CGRotorhead » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:47 pm

Yep I put it on both the outside and inside of each wire hole
                                  
CGRotorhead
Teardrop Master

Postby txcamper » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:27 am

Thanks for sharing those exterior lights and the install, I'll be copying your setup on those!
txcamper
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions