Postby Padilen » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Happy first day of spring!
Started out at 18° and ended with a high of 34°

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Re: Its sort of mine!

Postby flboy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Padilen wrote:Happy first day of spring!

I won't rub it in.... but it was 82deg here today. It did rain for a bit tonight though. Tommy and I are going camping the weekend after next... Hopefully we will have some cool evenings.. I don't want to be running the AC in March.

Hopefully it will thaw out there and you can pull Taz out of the barn and get that DRZ loaded up! :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:05 am

flboy wrote:
Padilen wrote:Happy first day of spring!

I won't rub it in.... but it was 82deg here today. It did rain for a bit tonight though. Tommy and I are going camping the weekend after next... Hopefully we will have some cool evenings.. I don't want to be running the AC in March.

Hopefully it will thaw out there and you can pull Taz out of the barn and get that DRZ loaded up!
Thanks,
Have you seen my updated DRZ over on TT?
If not here it is, new used and then not new new.ImageImage

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Padilen, Howdy;

Looks like enough snow has melted that you can see out for awhile.
Nice lookin' bike. Are ya out tapin for sap yet? Thinkin' Feb. is when
the taps get set and tubes run.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Padilen » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:31 pm

Yes taps are out, he got about 400 gallons in February. Then it got cold again. Started running again now, but I haven't been over. May head that way tomorrow, my dog loves it over there. In the pic is when we had 57° in February! So I do have some snow, it should be gone by this weekend or first of next week.
I forgot to mention my neighbor gave me a small microwave I can use in Taz.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:50 pm

Padilen wrote:Have you seen my updated DRZ over on TT?
If not here it is, new used and then not new new

I haven't been out to Thumpertalk in a long time. The DRZ looks nice. So where did you get the tank and plastics from to make it white? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:32 pm

flboy wrote:
Padilen wrote:Have you seen my updated DRZ over on TT?
If not here it is, new used and then not new new

I haven't been out to Thumpertalk in a long time. The DRZ looks nice. So where did you get the tank and plastics from to make it white?
It's a used California model tank, bought it on ADV. Plastics are new ebay RTech and only cost me 79$! Headlight is a Polisport, RMATV. I like its shape but I bought it by mistake. It's only a 30 watt incandescent, I stuck a halogen 40 watt bulb in it. I have a cheap LED bulb to try too.
But I want a XTrainer.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:41 am

hankaye
Just got off the phone with boss. Sap as not been running much. And my snow is still here! Too cold at night, so warmth of day isn't enough to let it "break through". We have teens to 20 for lows now. Next week it's upper 20's to upper 30's. Gets to warm for a couple of those days too. When it doesn't drop below freezing, at night. Then temps drop again. Next week may be the end ! Or like in February it just resets. But getting late to hope for that.
Bottling a little today to fill an order. But it's 2017 syrup.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:51 am

Padilen wrote:
It's a used California model tank, bought it on ADV. Plastics are new ebay RTech and only cost me 79$! Headlight is a Polisport, RMATV. I like its shape but I bought it by mistake. It's only a 30 watt incandescent, I stuck a halogen 40 watt bulb in it. I have a cheap LED bulb to try too.
But I want a XTrainer.

Well, it all looks good on there. It appears like a totally different bike. All the mechanical stuff working well?
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:51 am

flboy wrote:
Padilen wrote:
But I want a XTrainer.

Well, it all looks good on there. It appears like a totally different bike. All the mechanical stuff working well?
Yes,
I did the JD carb kit and 3x3 air box mod. All LED turns and tail light. Removed the vacuum petcock- long story on that issue. Just did an oil change including the "hidden" screen. I'm amazed that it was clean. Since maintenance was lacking on this bike. But PO must have done oil changes.
I probably would not have done the carb and air box mods if I hadn't found the air boot torn. Since I had to pull sub frame and air box to change air boot I played. Carb did need the cleaning too. Way to expensive, 2 carb kits one for gaskets and one for the right jet sizes. And a TT member sent me orings because kits have inferior ones.
I did a lot of shopping for barkbusters. I didn't want to shorten my levers. Those balls have a purpose. But I still had a lever bar conflict. So I decided to try MZS shorty levers. Cheap clones, of ASV but I like them so far - 30-40 miles. I had concerns with my hand issues that I'd lack strength or have pains. But seems to be a non-issue.
I am thinking of 15/47 gearing. But I'll loose road speed.
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Mon May 07, 2018 11:14 am

Taz see's the sun for the first time of 2018!
The in and out of pole barn takes way to long. I'm thinking roof vent this year so Taz will probably never go back inside for winter's.
And my mods to DRZ make it fit perfectly in. So see I won't really care if it sells or not. But 2 stroke fever is making riding 4's difficult.
Trailers a mess I'm spending rest of day cleaning!ImageImageImageImage

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Mon May 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Looks like Taz is loaded and ready for business!

Taz really does just fit inside the barn? Is that with the standard tires? Could get some tiny tires to put on for the winter to get her in the barn for the winter when you put the vent on. Also, you could jest take the vent dome off for the winter since it is indoors anyhow? They come off rather easily. :thinking:

I'd keep that DRZ.. they are rock solid and so much better on the roads. Of course, if you are going to ride like a wild woman in the single track... maybe the 2 smoke is what you need. :)
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Mon May 07, 2018 9:53 pm

If I use the kayak trailer tires I have a little more clearance. Possibly an inch. But I don't trust the way they bolt on.
For standard tires, I let all the air out of trailer tires and rear tires on truck. Empty the air bags, have 400 ish lbs in bed. And weight in trailer, this year it was DRZ. Once the trucks front tires are down hill, the rear of trailer raises, and starts to rub on weather strip, on over head door frame. So then I have to remove weight from bed, and air up tires on truck.
I do like the DRZ, just want a 2 stroke.
flboy wrote:Looks like Taz is loaded and ready for business!

Taz really does just fit inside the barn? Is that with the standard tires? Could get some tiny tires to put on for the winter to get her in the barn for the winter when you put the vent on. Also, you could jest take the vent dome off for the winter since it is indoors anyhow? They come off rather easily. :thinking:

I'd keep that DRZ.. they are rock solid and so much better on the roads. Of course, if you are going to ride like a wild woman in the single track... maybe the 2 smoke is what you need. :)

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Tue May 08, 2018 9:21 am

Padilen, Howdy;

A few years ago there was one member that 'made' a set of metal wheels for his tight clearance fit.
Perhaps you could use a set of rims to give you the space you need to keep it more simple then all
the air out and then air up again/

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Padilen » Tue May 08, 2018 12:06 pm

hankaye wrote:Padilen, Howdy;

A few years ago there was one member that 'made' a set of metal wheels for his tight clearance fit.
Perhaps you could use a set of rims to give you the space you need to keep it more simple then all
the air out and then air up again/

hank
Yeah I have thought about other ways. But jacking it up to reinstall stock wheels is difficult. Axle is too low for my floor jacks, with little wheels. So I have to pull up on boards. Then I run out of jack before stock fits. Reset everything and jack it up more. Gets tippie looking with axle flip. And still a lot of work. Should have done 10' doors & 12 walls. I only needed 9' when I built pole barn.

Padilen
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions