Its sort of mine!

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Its sort of mine!

Postby Padilen » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:57 pm

Reasoning.
The portable AC a, doesn't work with Generator. b, it has issues and won't cool, a fan blowing on it helps.
So I did the hole in the roof and added a Maxi fan. It was summer and I thought I'd need Taz so I just ran wire and let them hang down.
Plan was to "hide" the wires. Somehow that became a v nose redo. And that means the power center needed to move.
Which means wires need to be long enough. So I had left some length under couch. That meant pulling wire that's behind water tank and shower. But if I pulled one they all moved. Not sure if I had zip tied them together. I thought I had DC zipped only. So I had to disconnect outlets, and some DC stuff. Pull all wires, then try to get just enough "back" to reconnect everything. Yet hope, I have enough to move power center.
Last pic is just a board to represent where I'd like power center. I didn't want to "unwire" the power center. Getting them in was hard enough, trying to back them out . So I had to cut the face board. I still have to cut one more board to see if wires will be long enough. If they are, then I can figure out a shelf/cabinet. My idea was to leave center bottom open. Or removable doors/shelves.ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:05 pm

I think it's going to be do able. Now I just need money for lumber and switches.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:39 pm

Don,
I received the new bus bar. It's called Euro style. Much more robust than my other.
ImageImage

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi Padilen. It looks alot like the original. Is it made out of a harder plastic or something like that?
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:26 pm

flboy wrote:Hi Padilen. It looks alot like the original. Is it made out of a harder plastic or something like that?
Wire size is larger so everything is bigger. Plastic is also thicker. My first ones I kind of got scammed on. The description was for the higher amp, bigger wire. But parts were small amp and small wires.
I ran over to my friends and we ripped some 2x4's down to 2x2. I need to get the PD 4045 remounted temporarily and reconnect some wires. Just going to stick a temporary stud wall up. Just big enough to hold the PD4045. Screw the plywood "face" I had cut off the PD4045 together. And screw that on to the stud wall. The rest will wait until I get some money coming in.
Once the power center is mounted & few wires reconnected, Taz will be usable.
Since I started feeling better mid week, now I want spring already.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby McDave » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:06 am

Hey Padelin,
Sounds like you are feeling better. That's great to hear. Having a project or two to get you back in the swing is probably a great idea, too. Winter is almost over here and it will be for you soon as well. We are above zero and have had a day or two in the high 20's. It is amazing how much easier life gets without that bitter cold -55f low and -20 highs. People are out moving around and don't have all the coats on. I think we survived another one. That should help you mend as well. Glad you are gonna be OK. Keep your chin up kid.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:18 am

McDave wrote:Hey Padelin,
Sounds like you are feeling better. That's great to hear. Having a project or two to get you back in the swing is probably a great idea, too. Winter is almost over here and it will be for you soon as well. We are above zero and have had a day or two in the high 20's. It is amazing how much easier life gets without that bitter cold -55f low and -20 highs. People are out moving around and don't have all the coats on. I think we survived another one. That should help you mend as well. Glad you are gonna be OK. Keep your chin up kid.

McDave
Thank you.
Tuesday was just so beautiful, it's hard when it goes backward instead of forwards. But yes we survived another one. I'm glad I have enough wood, not sure I'll have any extra.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:40 am

I don't like my remodeling, but it's past the point of no return.

Don,
PM won't work again.
I think you had a smaller get 5000? That's the one - if you did was what I was thinking of.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:34 am

Padilen wrote:I don't like my remodeling, but it's past the point of no return.

Don,
PM won't work again.
I think you had a smaller get 5000? That's the one - if you did was what I was thinking of.

Early on I had a 6000 BTU unit, but it would not start on Eco Mode on my Honda 2000 generator. I switched to the GE 8000 because I heard it would start in Eco mode and it does. Never had a 5000BTU on this CTC. It probably would not do the job. The 6000 BTU was acceptable. 8000 is the perfect size for my CTC.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:50 am

Ok well I guess that's the one.
Did you try it with Tommy's too?
Where has Tommy been?

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:16 pm

The one and only thing that Taz needed, is done. The fan's wire is under ceiling, bezel is cut and up. Except, I don't want to drill into roof frame for the bezel screws. So I need to get 4 shorter screws.
Now to do what didn't need to be

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:56 pm

4045, is connected again. AC is complete, DC is temporarily wired.
I may have reversed polarity on computer fan, or it may have went bad. But it no longer runs. Not sure I need it now that I have Maxxfan.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:49 pm

Appears you have been busy! Glad it is coming together and you are feeling well enough to do the work..
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:59 pm

flboy wrote:Appears you have been busy! Glad it is coming together and you are feeling well enough to do the work..
Sort of.
I've been waiting on my builder friend to come over ! So I messed around getting the PD4045 back online.
Not sure if if finished with my health issue or not. If it gets worse, I'll see the Dr.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:45 am

Mock up of idea, ### IDK!
Center, white board represents fridge. Small shelves to the left of fridge. The "closet" is by door.Image

Padilen
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions