Its sort of mine!

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Its sort of mine!

Postby Tommy B » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Nice trail pic Padilen. Good to see you getting a little trail time in. :thumbsup: I sure do miss it. Have fun and be careful! I see a little mud there.
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:08 pm

Padilen wrote:First ride other than my short test ride. Tried going down some seasonal roads. Recent storms caused numerous limbs down. Made my way past those...Image

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

What?? You couldn't jump that tree? ;-) ;-)

Bike looks nice!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby flboy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:20 pm

Hi Padilen... you get the kinks worked out of your new bike? How you liking it?

Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:06 am

The end of the season, yesterday. So once again Taz needs to go in.
Second pic is my near screw up. I needed to see if vent cover would clear. I backed about 7" to far. It doesn't! Thankfully it didn't break. I removed the cover, but the motor is still higher than the base. It squeaked in though.
Today there is snow and it's going to accumulate. Teens for low's.
ImageImageImage

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Turned up the heat in pole barn, got roof cleaned. Im going to let it dry, then wipe it with acetone. And then do a coat of Henrys. With rims only, I gained about 4" more of clearance. So im able to get my head and shoulders over.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:16 am

Padilen, Howdy;

Padilen wrote:Turned up the heat in pole barn, got roof cleaned. Im going to let it dry, then wipe it with acetone. And then do a coat of Henrys. With rims only, I gained about 4" more of clearance. So im able to get my head and shoulders over.

Be sure you ventilate well, those fumes can give ya a high that's followed by one nasty headache.
Professional experience, not recreational speaking.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Padilen » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:28 am

hankaye wrote:Padilen, Howdy;

Padilen wrote:Turned up the heat in pole barn, got roof cleaned. Im going to let it dry, then wipe it with acetone. And then do a coat of Henrys. With rims only, I gained about 4" more of clearance. So im able to get my head and shoulders over.

Be sure you ventilate well, those fumes can give ya a high that's followed by one nasty headache.
Professional experience, not recreational speaking.

hank
I normally have a head ache! But I put a fan up on my top shelf, just for this job. May not get to it today- feeling lazy.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:58 pm

Padilen wrote:I normally have a head ache! But I put a fan up on my top shelf, just for this job. May not get to it today- feeling lazy.

Is your barn heated? I believe there are some temp ranges you need to mind for the application. You may already know that.... just throwing it out..

The white roof has made a noticeable difference on my rig this summer... worthwhile in my opinion. It looks nice too.

You never said how your new 2 stroke is doing. Were you able to get it all tweaked in and get some seat time on it before the cold weather?
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:56 pm

flboy wrote:
Padilen wrote:I normally have a head ache! But I put a fan up on my top shelf, just for this job. May not get to it today- feeling lazy.

Is your barn heated? I believe there are some temp ranges you need to mind for the application. You may already know that.... just throwing it out..

The white roof has made a noticeable difference on my rig this summer... worthwhile in my opinion. It looks nice too.

You never said how your new 2 stroke is doing. Were you able to get it all tweaked in and get some seat time on it before the cold weather?
Yes I have heat in my pole barn. I have an outdoor boiler, and its connected to my house and pole barn. But normally it's 48-50 in pole barn. I turned up thermostat yesterday and over night left it at 55. Turned it up to 65° today. Since pole barn is a 10' ceiling lots of heat is trapped above Taz. I've been turning it down, while working !
One coat is on, not as easy as I'd like. While I have headroom, it's really not enough. But it's going to dry fast, and if a 3rd is needed I have plenty of Henry's.
Don,
I thought I did pm you about my TSE. O well I like talking about it.
Not enough season to really get a lot of seat time. But I had a lot of fun, and was correct in wanting a 2 stroke. I got one great ride in at my friend's old hay field "track". Never thought I'd be able to ride like that again. While I like a DRZ, I'd never have rode it that way. Still waiting on a spark arrestor, hopefully I'll get one by spring. Then I can hit the real trails. Going to do some personalizing this winter as I get funds. While a few are reporting issues, I haven't had them. Hopefully I won't, or if/when I do a fast /cheap fix is available.
Speaking of DRZ's, I don't regret selling it, but would love another- added to my "collection". Perhaps I should have sold the mighty TW ! Nah, I just need to figure out how to get some money and get another, DRZ or perhaps a scrambler type bike. More street but still capable of dirt.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:34 pm

Second coat is on and went much better! But 3rd is going to be needed.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:27 am

Padilen wrote:Second coat is on and went much better! But 3rd is going to be needed.

Why do you think a third coat is needed? Did it not cover well and you see voids? Just curious.

Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:31 am

flboy wrote:
Padilen wrote:Second coat is on and went much better! But 3rd is going to be needed.

Why do you think a third coat is needed? Did it not cover well and you see voids? Just curious.

Its not easy to paint horizontal. So first coat was way to thin and lots of voids. In hindsight I should have painted the first coat, the way I cleaned the roof. Laying down on it. It calls for 2 thick coats. First coat was like soaping windows.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby McDave » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:33 pm

Padilen wrote:Its not easy to paint horizontal. So first coat was way to thin and lots of voids. In hindsight I should have painted the first coat, the way I cleaned the roof. Laying down on it. It calls for 2 thick coats. First coat was like soaping windows.

I like your style Kiddo. Never say can't, Whatever it takes. Thank God we are still young and agile, this kind of stuff could get tough when we get older... ;)

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Young and agile are not 2 words normally associated with me. Stupid and idiot are 2 that often are.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:10 pm

Destruction has accured !
Well demo has started. A completely different idea came to me as I removed screws. So, more planning before remodeling.
My GPX, was test fitted, without any plastics. Odd it's longer than my DRZ was. I did the fender eliminator on the DRZ, before I test fit it. Good thing!
Glad, I'm already charging the GPX's rear taillight/license plate holder.

Padilen
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions