H&H 14x7 V nose conversion in MN

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: H&H 14x7 V nose conversion in MN

Postby wtcreaux » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:44 pm

If I'm seeing the picture correctly, you used 2 opposing pieces of J-trim - 1 on wall, 1 on ceiling??
wtcreaux
Teardrop Master

Postby nunrleft » Fri May 01, 2015 8:39 am

wtcreaux wrote:If I'm seeing the picture correctly, you used 2 opposing pieces of J-trim - 1 on wall, 1 on ceiling??

Correct. Each spaced about 2 1/2" from the junction of the roof / wall. This gives about 3" of opening for the light transmission.
nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby nunrleft » Sat May 02, 2015 8:45 pm

The entire project should be finished tomorrow!!

The wife made the curtain for the front shelf. Permanently mounted at the ceiling with snaps on the bottom to hold things in on the go.

While I was finishing up reinstalling the diamond plate and caulking the interior, the wife painted the ramp:

She also made straps to hold the TV and drop table in place while on the go. The also use snaps as retainers:

We also tested the plumbing today. Works great, no leaks. Just have to finish painting the floor, hanging the curtains, install the soap dispenser at the sink, install the cabinet hardware, install a few wall mount tie downs and build the mounts for the wheel chocks.

nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby nunrleft » Sun May 03, 2015 6:05 pm

Severe thunderstorm cut my work day short. I have two more wheel chocks to build and mounting of a tongue box. Otherwise, we're pretty much done.

The wife made curtains. Mounted with 3m Command Hooks through button holes:

Mounted some wall tie downs:

Better images of how we're securing things:

Securing the drop table:

Rear door screen mounted also using Command Hooks on the ceiling and velcro on the walls. A simple $25 single garage door screen from Amazon:

Cabinet hardware the wife picked out. LOL:

Soap dispenser installed:

Interior floor painting:

One wheel chock done:
nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby Spotman » Sun May 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Pop in the microwave and off you go, oh bed too. Looking good.
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Postby nunrleft » Mon May 04, 2015 6:39 pm

Spotman wrote:Pop in the microwave and off you go, oh bed too. Looking good.

Did somebody say "bed"?

It's done!!! Or, are these things ever really done?!

Finished the wheel chocks:

Seating/bed:

Carpet will be rolled up and the futons stacked and strapped when the bikes are being hauled:

Final pictures:

Great timing because my license plates showed up in the mail today.
nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby Spotman » Mon May 04, 2015 6:52 pm

Very very nice, nicer than some homes I have seen. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Postby rebapuck » Wed May 06, 2015 1:08 am

Show some pictures of those buttonhole curtains. That's ingenious.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby nunrleft » Wed May 06, 2015 8:43 am

rebapuck wrote:Show some pictures of those buttonhole curtains. That's ingenious.

Just a simple rectangle piece of upholstery fabric hemmed on the ends with button holes sewn in across the top. Stick a command hook through one of the end button holes and stick it to the wall. Then just space the next command hooks at the button holes and stick them down until you're done.
nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby gisclair615 » Sun May 10, 2015 1:32 am

Nice build! I stole a few things from you. Nice find on the t.v. and also great pics of your a/c support brackets/mounts. I also ordered most of my stuff from adventure RV. I wish I know your a/c unit was only 72lbs. I ordered the mach 8 coleman. Weighs around 90lbs. Not much difference but it's also only. 9200 btu compared to your 13,500. I'm in a 6x12 so I'm sure the 13500 would have been over kill for me. Looking forward to seeing this thing finished. Nice work!
gisclair615
Teardrop Advisor

H&H 14x7 V nose conversion in MN

Postby gisclair615 » Sun May 10, 2015 1:32 am

Nice build! I stole a few things from you. Nice find on the t.v. and also great pics of your a/c support brackets/mounts. I also ordered most of my stuff from adventure RV. I wish I know your a/c unit was only 72lbs. I ordered the mach 8 coleman. Weighs around 90lbs. Not much difference but it's also only. 9200 btu compared to your 13,500. I'm in a 6x12 so I'm sure the 13500 would have been over kill for me. Nice build!
gisclair615
Teardrop Advisor

Postby nunrleft » Sun May 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Took a trip to visit my parents over the weekend. Before we left my wife insisted she needed a step at the side door. Since there wasn't a place to mount the $45 8" drop step I got from http://www.adventurerv.net I had to purchase a $35 8"x40" 1/4" piece of cold rolled steel and bolt that to the frame.

The toy hauler loaded up. The wife didn't want to bring a bike, so I brought my little enduro.

All set for the trip:

The trailer worked well but I did find two issues. One, I had the trap for the sink drain a little high, so I had to lower it a little. I think I didn't have the trailer level while doing the plumbing. Lesson learned. Secondly, the heat setting on the Dometic air conditioner isn't thermostatically controlled and the blower always on high when the heat is on. It was 40 degrees overnight and that little heat strip had us sweating in bed. Nealy 80 degrees. I'll have to see if there's something that can be done, maybe add a remote thermostat or something. Otherwise I do have a portable electric heater that isn't nearly as noisy and is thermostatically controlled.

Gratuitous bike picture:
nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby professorkx » Mon May 11, 2015 10:55 am

This is what I am planning to use if I ever get around to installing 120 volt heat, as I want it to cycle based upon inside temperature.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cadet-Double ... /202502063

This simply cuts the input voltage to the unit. 22 amp rated, so plenty of amp capacity to anything we would use in the trailer...
professorkx
Teardrop Master

Postby funengineer » Mon May 11, 2015 11:49 am

I used this same thermostat in my wife's jewelry studio to control the baseboard heat. It works great.
funengineer
Teardrop Advisor

Postby nunrleft » Mon May 11, 2015 2:02 pm

professorkx wrote:This is what I am planning to use if I ever get around to installing 120 volt heat, as I want it to cycle based upon inside temperature.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cadet-Double ... /202502063

This simply cuts the input voltage to the unit. 22 amp rated, so plenty of amp capacity to anything we would use in the trailer...

Since I'm not running electric an electric baseboard heater, but an air conditioner with a heat strip I don't think that would work. I think it would make my air conditioner unusable.
nunrleft
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions