7'*18' V-Nose Cargo Trailer Toy Hauler Conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 7'*18' V-Nose Cargo Trailer Toy Hauler Conversion

Postby Iconfabul8 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Nice! My F150 has never looked that nice, not even when it was new. Wax? What is that?
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:56 am

Don your killin me. Wish I could go. Still hauling out tarp loads of debris from the back yard. Still much to do.

Check out those temps for Fort McCoy 10/1 to 10/3. High of 83 maybe. Its almost here for me but not yet.

Have fun, be careful. I think its a tad too early after the storm. Lots of debris on the trails and in the camp grounds I bet.

Watch out for these guys.! I am sure they mean well but.... 8)

Middle to end of October for me. Hope you can make it!
Attachments
getinthecarDon.jpg
getinthecarDon.jpg (13.23 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:56 am

flboy, Howdy;

Well, finally heard from my brother in Coco Beach, said his neighbors Ficus tree fell into his yard.
It was a tall one maybe 100 years old (?). Any way, some church folks were going around helping
clear up yards and such so after they cleared the tree from his he donated the price of the chain
saw he didn't have to buy to them. Besides, it most likely saved him a trip to the ER as he's not the
most graceful person then add in a chain saw ... Well, his main complaint now is his yard is squishy
and it makes it difficult to mow the lawn.
The Hotel where he works suffered some minor damage, some window seals leaked so maybe 5 of
the 150 rooms had some minor water damage.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:40 am

Don if you are still around.
The Ocala National Forest remains closed
Area(s): oracle.sql.CLOB@68e1445c

Date(s): Sep 25, 2017

The Ocala National Forest remains closed due to impacts from Hurricane Irma. The forest will reopen as soon as it is safe to do so.

I saw where FEMA was just now getting in there to survey things. Looked like a mess still just in the neighbor hoods.

Just info. Let you know about Late October or early November soon.

Good luck on your adventure!
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:07 am

hankaye wrote:flboy, Howdy;

Well, finally heard from my brother in Coco Beach, said his neighbors Ficus tree fell into his yard.
It was a tall one maybe 100 years old (?). Any way, some church folks were going around helping
clear up yards and such so after they cleared the tree from his he donated the price of the chain
saw he didn't have to buy to them. Besides, it most likely saved him a trip to the ER as he's not the
most graceful person then add in a chain saw ... Well, his main complaint now is his yard is squishy
and it makes it difficult to mow the lawn.
The Hotel where he works suffered some minor damage, some window seals leaked so maybe 5 of
the 150 rooms had some minor water damage.

hank

Good to hear his is doing well. Glad to hear he had help getting the trees down. Ground here is squishy too. No more drought. Take care. :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:41 am

I know you are long gone but I found this notice in full and what blew me away is just how INCLUSIVE it is. Any Idea I had of back trails and forest roads has been nixed. Hell I hope its clear by November.

Stay in touch Don if you can. :thinking: NOTE THE DATE 9/25. Take pics of Delancey if you get in!

Area(s): Alexander Springs Recreation Area, 52 Landing, Alexander Run, Alexander Springs Campground, Timucuan Trail, Alexander Springs Wilderness, Beakman Lake, Big Bass Campground, Big Scrub Campground, Billies Bay Wilderness, Bluff Landing, Buck Lake Group Camp, Chain of Lakes, Clearwater Lake Recreation Area, Clearwater Lake Campground, Clearwater Lake Nature Trail, Clearwater Lake Trailhead, Davenport Landing, Davenport Landing Trail, Doe Lake Recreation Area, Doe Lake Boat Ramp, Farles Prairie Recreation Area, Florida Black Bear Scenic Byway, Florida National Scenic Trail, Eaton Creek Trailhead, Florida Trail, Alexander Springs to Farles Prairie, Florida Trail, Clearwater to Alexander, Florida Trail, Eaton Creek North, Florida Trail, Eaton Creek South, Florida Trail, Farles Prairie to Juniper Springs, Florida Trail, Hopkins Prairie to Salt Springs, Florida Trail, Juniper Springs to Hopkins Prairie, Florida Trail, Lake Delancy to Rodman Reservoir, Florida Trail, Salt Springs to Lake Delancy, Grassy Pond, Hidden Pond, Pat's Island Trailhead, SR 19 Trailhead, Salt Springs Trailhead, Fore Lake Recreation Area, Fore Lake Campground, Fore Lake Pier & Launch, Grasshopper Lake, Halfmoon Lake, Hopkins Prairie Campground, Juniper Prairie Wilderness, Yearling Trail, Juniper Springs Recreation Area, Juniper Run, Juniper Wayside, Juniper Springs Campground, Juniper Springs Nature Trail, LAM Equestrian Trail, Lake Bryant, Lake Catherine, Lake Charles, Lake Delancy East, Lake Delancy West, Lake Dorr Recreation Area, Lake Dorr Boat Ramp, Lake Dorr Cabin, Lake Eaton Campground, Lake Eaton Boat Ramp and Pier, Lake Eaton Sinkhole Trailhead, Lake Eaton Trail, Lake George Ranger District, Lake Jumper, Lake Kerr, Lake Lou, Lake Mary, Lake Shore Group Campground, Little Lake Bryant, Little Lake George Wilderness, Mill Dam Recreation Area, Mill Dam Boat Ramp, Ocala Centennial OHV Trail, Blue Sink OHV Corral, Centennial OHV Trailhead, Ocala North OHV Trail System, Delancy Loops OHV Trail, Delancy OHV Trailhead, Hog Valley OHV Trail, Longleaf OHV Trail, Motorcycle Loop OHV Trailhead, Pipeline OHV Trailhead, Rodman OHV Trailhead, Salt Springs OHV Connector Trail, Tobacco Patch Trail, Ocala One Hundred Mile Horse Trail, Ocala Shooting Range, Ocklawaha River, Eureka Dam Boat Ramp, Johnson Field Boat Ramp, Moss Bluff Lock & Dam, Paisley Woods Off-Road Bicycle Trail, Pittman Visitor Center, Redwater Lake, River Forest Group Camp, Rodman Recreation Area, Kirkpatrick Dam Boat Ramp, Salt Springs Recreation Area, Bear Swamp Trail, Salt Springs Campground, Salt Springs Marina, Salt Springs Run, Salt Springs Wildlife Observation Trailh, Seminole Ranger District, Shanty Pond Campground, Silver Glen Springs Recreation Area, Lake George Trail, Silver Glen Run, Spring Boils Trail, St. Francis Trailhead, St. Johns River, Astor Boat Ramp, Fort Gates Ferry, Lake Dexter Boat Ramp, Volusia Wharf Boat Ramp, Sweetwater Cabin, Swim Pond, Tread Lightly! Four Wheel Drive Way, Trout Lake, Wandering Wiregrass OHV Trailhead, Wildcat Lake

Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:07 pm

AHAA, Looks like progress is being made!

Crews on the Ocala have cleared more than 305 miles of roads and 80 miles of OHV trails since Hurricane Irma. Stay tuned for more news later this week.

I see SSRA has opened but may have locals staying in there as a shelter for the needy, free of charge? Alexander is still closed though.

Stay frosty my friend. Give us an update when possible..
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:51 am

Don
plan is to leave Wens 8th after work. Leave early as possible. Noonish-2. Pull out Sunday Noonish-2. I'm clear and will be there for sure unless something bad happens between now and then.

Maybe see you Thursday am?. The 9th.

Its on! :thumbsup:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:11 pm

NOV 8-12. :D
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Tommy B wrote:NOV 8-12. :D
Alright. I'll plan on taking the 9th and 10th off and showing up on the 8th in the evening. I'll pull the trailer to work and leave from there that Wednesday about 4pm. Looking forward to it!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby johnny_swindle » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:58 pm

flboy,

Your conversion has inspired me. I was going to build a teardrop but I did not think I would have the skills, nor the time to complete it. But after viewing your progress in your build, I am going to start seriously planning a CTC. I have a few questions about your build if you don't mind:

1. ) What is the opening distance/span for your dinette area?
2.) How did you vent your sink in the kitchen and bathroom?
3.) I noticed that you have to ventilation fans: one in the main area and one in the bathroom to deal with steam from the shower. Do you routinely run the main ventilation fan and if so where are your intakes?
4.) How did you determine the location for the tie downs/wheel chock for your bike? I have a Cam Am Spyder and it weighs 1,012 lbs dry. While my wheel placement won't be the same as yours, I just need a rough idea where to place the center of the mass.

Thanks for your time and fantastic build.

Johnny
johnny_swindle
Teardrop Builder

Postby flboy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:33 am

Johnny, just seeing this. I'll measure the dinette, take some pics of the vents and etc. and answer this evening sometime.

Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby johnny_swindle » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:16 am

Thank you..........

flboy wrote:Johnny, just seeing this. I'll measure the dinette, take some pics of the vents and etc. and answer this evening sometime.

johnny_swindle
Teardrop Builder

Postby flboy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Johnny, I'll try to answer below

1. ) What is the opening distance/span for your dinette area? The total span is 5' with 25" between seats below and a seat width of 21". I came up with those measurements by getting two dinner table chairs and getting a start with that for the height off the ground, depth of seats, etc..

2.) How did you vent your sink in the kitchen and bathroom? Pics below at bottom. Basically just a "T" with the vent on top. Must be higher than trap. Parts can be bought at any Home Depot or Lowes or the likes. I also ran the gray water tank vent over via flex hose to mate with black water vent pipe that goes up through the ceiling. Did not want to run two stacks

3.) I noticed that you have to ventilation fans: one in the main area and one in the bathroom to deal with steam from the shower. Do you routinely run the main ventilation fan and if so where are your intakes? When I am not running the Air Conditioner, I do run the Maxxair fan. There are screens in the windows, so I crack them open a bit for air to be drawn in. Have to be carefull running fans when you flush the toilet. Don't want the easy path to pull through nasty air from the black water tank which is vented outside. Just make sure you are not running the Maxxair above a lower setting if you plan to flush. Will be okay if windows are open enough so the fan is not creating a vacuum in the trailer. The trailer is very airtight except for windows and vents.

4.) How did you determine the location for the tie downs/wheel chock for your bike? I have a Cam Am Spyder and it weighs 1,012 lbs dry. While my wheel placement won't be the same as yours, I just need a rough idea where to place the center of the mass. I pulled the bikes in and got them as far as I could in the back without touching the ramp door. Then I found the best place for the Chocks and the tie downs. You will want to bring your Spyder into the CTC before you start interior walls and etc. and find its place. Then build around it as needed to fit your floor plan. My trailer is very custom and fits me, my size, my bikes, and etc.. At the end of the day, it would probably work for most folks since bikes are fairly standard in wheelbase. The street bike chock is moveable. The two dirt bike chocks are fixed position and again determined by getting them back as far as possible and not touching each other. In my CTC I have the water tanks over the axles so they are neutral whether full or not. The bike(s) in the back never really offsets the weight up front given all the construction. I needed the bike in the back so I can use the CTC on the road without unloading anything. I still have access to the bed, dinette, and everything up front. The dinette placement had a lot to do with where the street bike would go. We needed to be able to use it on the road with the bike inside.

Thinking about a Spyder, you may be better off backing it in so the narrow part is front and center. The garage area will have more room to accommodate the wide front end? Depending of where your center of mass ends up, you may decide to put a water tank more towards the front to use as an offset ballast when the Spyder is loaded if you find yourself a little rear heavy. Also, that may help you figure out where to put the batteries and etc. I went through alot of scenarios in my head for weight balancing, but always knew the bikes had to be in the far back position for inside functionality.

Street bike inserted. Bed, Dinette and everything up front is accessible. I even have room for a chair by the bike in back to relax if I want. Cant do the chair with two dirt bikes or a 4 wheeler inserted, but all else is the same.

Vent for Kitchen Sink

Vent for Bathroom Sink

Connection behind the toilet for holding tank vents

Last edited by flboy on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby featherliteCT1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:55 pm

Thanks for the detailed explanation and great photos!
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions