New Here.New Project!

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: New Here.New Project!

Postby jwhite » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:18 pm

I don't think people realize how good a wall covering carpet is ? it's cheap looks good and easy to apply, I wanted carpet and was willing to buy some real nice plush carpeting and got lucky at lowes when they had a remnant piece the exact color and length to do both walls, just a can of contact cement and it went up perfectly and looks really great the man cave feel I wanted.6656666562
jwhite
The 300 Club

Postby Gunman9 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:58 pm

I'm repairing the inside of my CTC. I thought about carpet. How much did it run you? I have a 6x14
Gunman9
Teardrop Master

Postby EZDog » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:07 pm

Gunman9 wrote:I'm repairing the inside of my CTC. I thought about carpet. How much did it run you? I have a 6x14

Mine was $120 for a single piece long enough to do the entire trailer in one swipe.
34' for a 7'x10' trailer from Lowes.
EZDog
Teardrop Master

Postby Gunman9 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:09 pm

EZDog wrote:
Gunman9 wrote:I'm repairing the inside of my CTC. I thought about carpet. How much did it run you? I have a 6x14

Mine was $120 for a single piece long enough to do the entire trailer in one swipe.

I'm meant I'm painting mine grey with white trim at the moment. Do you have a name or link to the type of carpet used?
Gunman9
Teardrop Master

Postby EZDog » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Gunman9 wrote:
EZDog wrote:

I'm meant I'm painting mine grey with white trim at the moment. Do you have a name or link to the type of carpet used?

Not really I just went to Lowes and snagged it.
OK it says Eternal Slate on the receipt.

I have used this same carpet many times to cover walls and shelves and boxes,etc. and it is pretty nice but very light weight too.
It is easy to work and easy to clean.

This carpet is on a 6' roll luckily and that is about perfect for my trailer!
I am planning on trimming the top and bottom with wood and everything will be covered and they had to make a single cut to give me what I needed.
It was under $4 a linear foot 6' wide and they had it in Gray,Light Brown and Blackberry which is sort of reddish dark?
The Gray is pretty dark too,I mean relaxing of course.
EZDog
Teardrop Master

Postby Gunman9 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:20 pm

EZDog wrote:
Gunman9 wrote:
EZDog wrote:

I have used this same carpet many times to cover walls and shelves and boxes,etc. and it is pretty nice but very light weight too.

I am planning on trimming the top and bottom with wood and everything will be covered and they had to make a single cut to give me what I needed.
It was under $4 a linear foot 6' wide and they had it in Gray,Light Brown and Blackberry which is sort of reddish dark?

Ok thanks. I think I know what it is. Similar to what's used on speaker boxes. Thanks for the help!
Gunman9
Teardrop Master

Postby EZDog » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:41 pm

Gunman9 wrote:
EZDog wrote:
Gunman9 wrote:
EZDog wrote:

Ok thanks. I think I know what it is. Similar to what's used on speaker boxes. Thanks for the help!

Well,I don't think so really?
This carpet has a definite "Grain" or direction to it running horizontal with the 6' side.
Speaker covering is non-directional in my experience and that is the business that I am in,I have seen and built
a lot of carpeted speakers!

This stuff is also actual carpet too where speaker covering os often more of a headliner material really,not made to walk on.

Like I said above the name is what is on the receipt,they do have several Gray carpets sort of like this one but not identical either.

I am sure any of them should work for this application too.
EZDog
Teardrop Master

Postby McDave » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:01 pm

Hey EZDog,
Thanks for showing how nice that carpet looks. I can see a lot of upside with that material. I'm on the hunt now...
Looks really good in your trailer.
McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby EZDog » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:10 pm

Here are a few with better or at least more light and a little better detail of the carpet?

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone don't expect too much
EZDog
Teardrop Master

Postby EZDog » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:44 pm

I have been playing around with the Bed and reaching for the most practical way to get the most uses from it but it is a little confusing too.
So far I have a 48" wide by 80" bed when folded down and a pretty decent comfy couch when folded up.

Getting the dimensions and height just right are challenging especially since I don't have cushions or a mattress set in stone just yet.
I am thinking a Futon Mattress makes sense as they are designed mostly for folding which mine will need to do I think?

In the front I just scabbed the counter support together this morning and I think I might leave it mostly open underneath too.
The counter will be 16" deep at 36" high and 81" wide.
I am thinking of having a table slide under there and use the part that sticks out when that make sense and use the whole thing when I need too?

I am liking the idea of using stuff that already exists the more I consider the building process and how little sense it might make for me?
So I took a 24" x 48" standard folding table over(no pic though sorry) and moved it around in there and under the counter and this sure gives me the most flexibility and floor space when moved under the counter.
I can move it to along the side wall or jutting out from the side wall as needed.

So it is either that or hinge a table top off the side under the window to the wheel wheel area.

So many choices!
So much Fun!!! :cry:

Feel free to give any advice and I will pay you for it next Tuesday,of course! :lol:

ImageImageImage

EZDog
Teardrop Master

Postby EZDog » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:16 pm

So here are 5 different ways the table can be oriented just in this one spot!

I think I will mount a Top hinged off the wall there too and then I can still use the floating table and/or the hinged top depending on needs at the time.

I plan to use this Trailer for Disaster Relief Radio Work too and having multiple operator stations available from a quick reconfiguration can only be a good thing!

Its amazing how much more helpful it can be to actually Mockup the plan before commiting!

It seems so obvious now but I never thought of it until I moved the table in there?

ImageImageImageImageImage

EZDog
Teardrop Master

Postby racerrandy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:26 pm

Looking great!!

Keep up the good work and pictures, I am wanting to convert my 6x10 this summer and need the ideas!

Randy
racerrandy
Teardrop Builder

Postby mikesova » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:01 am

Looks good. Our trailer has the carpeted walls as well.
mikesova
Teardrop Advisor

New Here.New Project!

Postby EZDog » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:31 pm

I was able to get a few things done Today.

I found a deal on a under counter 110vac fridge and played around with its location and I found some pre-finished Birch Plywood to use for some inside stuff.

Got the counter cut and in place and figured out where the fridge could sit.
I cut a smaller table top that will hinge off the wall under the window and its sitting on the movable table in the pic.
With this table,the counter and the moving table one I will have an abundance of work space for sure.

ImageImageImageImageImage
EZDog
Teardrop Master

Postby McDave » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:27 am

Hey EZDog,
What is that material you are using for the countertop? Is that the birch plywood?
McDave
McDave
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions