San Diego Lightweight Toy Hauler / Man Cave

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: San Diego Lightweight Toy Hauler / Man Cave

Postby McDave » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Ditto.. I'm using those as well. Very nice meters, lots of good info on the "health" of your electrical systems. Mounted mine just inside door, along with power center and main kill switch.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby PaulzOx » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:22 pm

I have been out of pocket and no progress made due to work travel. Good news is we just found out we have another little one on the way :D

With that said i think my 7x12x7 Vee is going to be to small (2Adults, 4Kids and a dog). So I need to expand and I have a question, has anyone seen a goosneck cargo trailer?
I saw one being towed and googled around to only find very small amounts of info, anyone please point my in to a direction.

Paul
PaulzOx
Teardrop Master

Postby Padilen » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Check out horse trailer's you can find them in goose necks and 7' wide and 7'& higher. I don't have pic's of my sisters. But it is a smaller horse trailer. She has room for 4 to sleep large(? All in your perspective I guess) bathroom and bigger fridge/freezer. I forget if she has a cook top inside. As she has a nice setup for outside.
I just texted her. It does have a sink and stove and microwave, hot water heater. She called the bathroom shower an angled unit, with toilet and sink. 29-1/2 feet 3 horse-slant. What she uses for a table is the same as mine a 2-4 white plastic one. Inside or out. Inside she just sets it up in front of the dinette bed. Oh, living quarters in front. Her ex husband did the conversion, was their second or third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Iconfabul8 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:40 pm

PaulzOx wrote:I have been out of pocket and no progress made due to work travel. Good news is we just found out we have another little one on the way :D

With that said i think my 7x12x7 Vee is going to be to small (2Adults, 4Kids and a dog). So I need to expand and I have a question, has anyone seen a goosneck cargo trailer?
I saw one being towed and googled around to only find very small amounts of info, anyone please point my in to a direction.

Paul

These guys make some. Kinda far from Cali. Looks like closest dealers are in Colorado and New Mexico But then again, if you can't find it in California it probably isn't made. Oh, congratulations on the upcoming addition! :applause:
http://www.cargocraftinc.com/texas/goose.php
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby McDave » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:25 am

Nice job, Dad. You must be doing it right, God has blessed you again.
Listen, the Rodeo Cowboys up here have some unbelievable rigs. I see them for sale used now and then, I'll keep an eye out and shoot you the info. I was at a Agri Expo a month ago and did see a new set up. I believe the make was "Rodeo Rigs". Maybe try rodeorigs.com ? Very nice, all aluminium I think. No Idea what something like that might cost, I know their trucks cost more than their house these days. Things sure have changed since Larry Mahan and Walt Garrison and Chris LeDoux were doin' it.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Tomterrific » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:05 am

To answer, "Why that vent?" I chose a standard metal top vent because it appears vintage and it vents well by convection. Hot air goes out the top with little restriction. Inexpensive too. The maxxair seems like it would not vent as well without the fan forcing air through.

Tt, everything is a compromise.
Tomterrific
500 Club

Postby PaulzOx » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Padilen, thanks for the info. I would love to see your sisters setup when she sends a picture

PaulzOx
PaulzOx
Teardrop Master

Postby Padilen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:23 am

If this double posts I'm sorry. Tap talk is down and I'm using my phone.
Unfortunately she has none to send me. She has just had both knees replaced and is unable to unload stored things inside to take some. I'll ask again when weather and she are doing better.
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby McDave » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:16 am

These are horse trailers, but you can see what can be done.
http://www.rodeorigs.com/Used-Trailer-Inventory.html

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Howdy All,

We had a gold prospector stayed here for about 9 months that had a 5th wheel
Horse trailer with a smallish RV section up front. Nothing fancy like McDave posted a link to.
Anyway, he used the back (horse section), for his 4 wheeler and prospecting gear and
utilized the front (RV section), for the obvious ... might be something to explore ...
If he shows back up I'll get some information and pos it.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby PaulzOx » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:07 pm

Padilen wrote:If this double posts I'm sorry. Tap talk is down and I'm using my phone.
Unfortunately she has none to send me. She has just had both knees replaced and is unable to unload stored things inside to take some. I'll ask again when weather and she are doing better.

Thanks for trying. Hope she gets better soon.

PaulzOx
PaulzOx
Teardrop Master

Postby PaulzOx » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:08 pm

McDave and Hank,

Thanks for the info on the horse trailers

PaulzOx
PaulzOx
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions