Re: HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Postby Padilen » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:38 pm

It shipped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby njbill » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Nice work and nice KTM. I have a 690 Enduro and a toy hauler but I am thinking of going to a simpler trailer conversion.
njbill
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tommy B » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:28 am

njbill wrote:Nice work and nice KTM. I have a 690 Enduro and a toy hauler but I am thinking of going to a simpler trailer conversion.

Thanks njbill. Would that be short for new jersey bill?

I almost wish I did a 7x16. That would be the perfect size as there would be room for a permanent fridge. The portable Dometic is nice but gets in the way a little especially when I utilize the shower.

However when it comes to hauling it down the highway or picking a good boon dock campsite under some oak hammocks its a sweet rig to maneuver. So far!

Where are you riding that 690 ? That's big for the tight sandy stuff down here. I wish I had a 450 or 525 KTM though.

Counting the weeks till 2nd week in November when I can camp and ride again! :beer:
Attachments
20170318_074930%20(Custom).jpg
20170318_074930%20(Custom).jpg (127.52 KiB) Viewed 2465 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:39 am

Let me know when you are ready to camp.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I will try to get a few camps in in August through Oct.. also... but Nov. is always a good time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:18 pm

Don let me know when in august. If you are going anyway I might show up Friday after work. Maybe. Ride the ATV as much as I can take Saturday and get the hell out of there early Sunday morning. At least its some trail time. I can haul butt on that atv and could pack plenty of water and Gatorade on the back. Pull you back too if you brake down again! :R

Is it fixed yet? Did you replace your starter and was you carb dirty?

Yeah, just ATV for me until October maybe. This heat and humidity is too much for this old man as far as dirt biking is concerned.
Attachments
20170318_183849%20(Custom).jpg
20170318_183849%20(Custom).jpg (195.62 KiB) Viewed 2446 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Will do Tommy. June and July have been a no go for camping as I have had Teen Camp two weeks ago, I am going to Massachusetts next weekend for a week (road trip so my wife can visit family over the 4th and etc.. ) and then I have some business related travel at the end of July.

On the KTM, the carb was dirty from the sinking in Devil's Creek... and was why the float stuck and etc.. Electrical issues caused by the shorting of wires under the headplate when I hit that tree... Starter is weak. I think it burnt some windings when it jammed up during the crash due to wires shorting, the starter engaging/jamming, and the fuse did not blow (remember the glowing?)... I have not ordered a new starter yet. They are very expensive for the KTM and I may try to rebuild the starter myself first if I can find a rotor somewhere. I'll have it all in good shape by August... Too many irons in the fire!

I did buy a new 18" chainsaw... we will have plenty of wood this fall. Speaking of that, I am cutting down a decent sized Oak tree at one of my rentals tomorrow afternoon as I prepare for Hurricane Season (tree branches bump high tension wire out back during high winds and starts fires and takes out neighbor's power) . You want any good oak firewood for home or etc.? Else, I am putting it by the road... I may save some for the back yard fire pit this winter... I like the idea of setting out back by a fire on a cool clear Florida evening... not quite like camping... but better than setting inside vegetating in front of a TV. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW.. go to Giant Recreation World on Culver and then go into their RV Accessory Store and grab a free 2017 Accessories catalog... it is the size of a phone book and has everything imaginable in there for the trailers. Even if you do not buy it from them, you will have a P/N and description to search for on the internet... They do have some good inventory at the store if you are in a hurry to get something for repairs or etc., albeit over priced.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

Ok Don. Great news on the chain saw :applause:
Got a shed loaded with fire wood but thank you.

If the storms don't muck it up august can be good for inshore diving for a the first part of the morning. When the winds are slightly out of the west or non existent. Its not the Caribbean but its close, easy, and cheap fun. Can always snag a lobster or two. 5-7 miles down the beach south out of S.I. Wife drives the boat so we can cover a lot of reef and not have to worry about swimming back to the boat. Let you know when and if conditions are good.

Take it easy Don. Sounds like you have some quality time coming up. Have fun!
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:54 pm

Tommy B wrote:Ok Don. Great news on the chain saw :applause:
Got a shed loaded with fire wood but thank you.

If the storms don't muck it up august can be good for inshore diving for a the first part of the morning. When the winds are slightly out of the west or non existent. Its not the Caribbean but its close, easy, and cheap fun. Can always snag a lobster or two. 5-7 miles down the beach south out of S.I. Wife drives the boat so we can cover a lot of reef and not have to worry about swimming back to the boat. Let you know when and if conditions are good.

Take it easy Don. Sounds like you have some quality time coming up. Have fun!

Tommy, I am up for a dive, especially to snag a few lobster. Call me when you think the time is right. I actually went diving this weekend.. but not for pleasure. :cry: It was in a real deep retention pond /lake that is connected via 2 huge culvert pipes ( 24" or 36" inches I believe) to the other ponds in a development. My brother (an underground utilities contractor) needs to pump down another connected pond to fix some underground utilities and with all the rain, the culverts are about 10 foot under water. His guys can't hold their breath near long enough to get the blow up plugs (huge and heavy) into the pipes... So I got a tank full of air, put on my scuba gear minus the wetsuit, and spent about 30 minutes under water wrestling these plugs up into the pipes. Of course I had to do it blind because as soon as I started moving around the bottom, all the silt and muck was kicked up... I don't like it when I can't see the gators! Seems all the larger retention ponds (more like a few acre lake) have full time residents these days . Fortunately they are usually on the smaller side and this lake didn't have any sawgrass where they like to hide out.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:17 am

Don that's no fun! :lol: That's muck diving/work. Hope those guys had you covered with a long rifle. Your on the skinny side so just a few shakes and snaps of the jaws and down you go. Head, torso, appendages, all gator turd in 48 hours or so! :shock:

Hey I was a commercial clam diver in the river for a few years. All year round. I have been hit by a ray, had cat fish swim up my pant leg, stabbed by horseshoe crabs and even had a resident alligator that would come out and just hang there about a 100 hundreds between me and the shore one time.
Zero vis 95% of the time. Loved that job but the clams ran out in the 90s. :beer:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Snakebite » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:50 am

hi about how much did ur awning cost? ty
Snakebite
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tommy B » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:26 am

Snakebite wrote:hi about how much did ur awning cost? ty

Around 500.00 10 years ago.

PPL has them starting at 639.00. for the whole shebang. Dometic 8500. 9 footer I think.

I do need a new fabric replacement still but waiting a bit on that. :beer:
Attachments
8500_universal.jpg
8500_universal.jpg (29.13 KiB) Viewed 2267 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:37 am

Tommy, I was in HF today and saw this. 100w portable fold up solar panel with controller. $189.00 Put one of those 20% off coupons with this and not a bad deal at $152.00. Good to keep those batteries topped off and can be moved around and etc. since it is portable.

Hope all is well. Fall camping will be here before you know it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 am

Hey Don, :thumbsup: One of those would do the trick and I will look into that.

I got a taste of heat exhaustion this weekend while working on both vehicles. 4x4 actuators failed due to a vacuum leak. Mustang caliper froze up and destroyed the rotor. Took 3 days the old fashioned way to make it all right but nearly killed myself in the heat.

Yes November I will be there! :beer:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:17 am

Ok Don I am now looking at this seriously. Checked battery voltage and its at 12.5 after setting with no charge since we went last time. Not bad but I need to charge it and it got me thinking.

2 YouTube videos on these. Pretty good info. I would like to mount them on top but don't know if there is enough room. I'm only now considering on doing this. It would be very cool do have the battery charged all the time.

Have to fabricate brackets and figure it all out but it seems intimidating. This is not my thing at all. The videos showed how he made brackets out of hat metal and roofing screws I think.

messing around up on that roof scares me. Don't want to make it leak.
I forgot how bad that silicone looks. It started to rain as I was sealing it up and I rushed plus it set up quick. :frightened:

Can/should I do this with out buggering it up?

Don I may need help.
Attachments
63585_zzz_alt2.jpg
63585_zzz_alt2.jpg (285.84 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
20160724_151655%20(Custom).jpg
20160724_151655%20(Custom).jpg (147.49 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:27 pm

I found this too. There are so many options my head is spinning. Flexible, single panel, multiple panels, amorphous panels. :?

This one is only 156.00 with some hardware. I don't think I want flexible as the wind will flop it around some. This is 40 inches by 26.5 and would fit better.

Don I need some advice and will wait till I hear from you. Or ANYONE ELSE! :D

Thanks.
Attachments
612Ar12AYRL__SL1007_.jpg
612Ar12AYRL__SL1007_.jpg (108.59 KiB) Viewed 2026 times
Tommy B
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions