HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Postby flboy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:29 am

I think if you were to run your primpay vent line to the output of auxiliary tank, it would be drawn down as used by the pump. You would want a disconnect in case you wanted to drive off with the truck so a quick disconnect, but also a way to turn back on the primary tank vent with a valve.

I think that will work and can be done simply. I have an idea and can draw it up if you do not already have a picture in your mind how to do that. It os certainly worth a try and would cost <$20.00 in parts from Ace Hardware.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:33 am

I was thinking a t connector with shut off ball valve between the interior tank and pump. T line out to the auxiliary tank with quick disconnect through the floor. Leave the T valve open all the time when hooked up in camp and draw from both tanks simultaneously. :thinking: Would that be too much strain on the pump. I think I remember the water source must be within a few feet of the pump so that may not work. I will figure it out. Maybe.
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:36 am

YES WHAT YOU SAID DON! Never mind my last post.

Please draw up when you can. This will help me as I am some what disabled now. :(

Thank you!
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby McDave » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:55 am

flboy wrote:I think if you were to run your primpay vent line to the output of auxiliary tank, it would be drawn down as used by the pump. You would want a disconnect in case you wanted to drive off with the truck so a quick disconnect, but also a way to turn back on the primary tank vent with a valve.

I think that will work and can be done simply. I have an idea and can draw it up if you do not already have a picture in your mind how to do that. It os certainly worth a try and would cost <$20.00 in parts from Ace Hardware.

Yup.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:53 am

Tommy B wrote:YES WHAT YOU SAID DON! Never mind my last post.

Please draw up when you can. This will help me as I am some what disabled now. :(

Thank you!
I will do that tonight and post it up.

I am doing some electrical mods to my CTC this weekend. I am putting some high current 12vdc eZ connector outlets on each side over wheel wells. Will be able to use for macerator on the port side and misc. on the starboard side. I can also backfeed either one with portable solar. I may get a portable 100W solar I can move around with long wires so when I am parked in partial shade, at least I can get 5A or so all day. Also going to put a 115VAC with GFCI outside low down by the front door. Many uses at the campsite, besides, I haven't cut any holes in my CTC recently. I need to keep the skills honed. :-)

Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:25 pm

very cool Don. I was wanting to do that also for my dometic cooler and tv when I want to move them outside. will be nice to see what hardware you use and how you mount them.
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:37 pm

Here is a sketch. The valve for the vent can be a very simple plastic ball valve. Key is to close off CTC tank Vent so it draws from the Auxiliary tank. This also assumes the fill hose caps seals airtight.

If this doesn't work well, may try connecting to Aux. outlet to CTC tank " to pump" outlet in a similar way with quick disconnect, but will need to keep valve to vent and fill closed as it will overflow because water seeks level and the truck tank is higher. That is similar to what you said earlier with just the vent and fill closed off. In fact, that is how mine are connected, but the tanks are the same level so no issues with vents or fills and the water levels off on its own since each tank breaths.

I think it would work either way, but I'd try this configuration first as it should draw down the Aux. tank first and then the CTC tank last and also be aided by gravity and siphon action created. Just need simple 3/8 " tubing.... not big hoses or etc...

When you get ready to tackle this and if you need help, let me know... I will be glad to help. :thumbsup:

Last edited by flboy on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:02 pm

, no it was a suggestion for you.
I imagine that one day I will be forced into one.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:42 pm

Padilen wrote:, no it was a suggestion for you.

Side by sides are very nice, especially for group activity... I didn't build my toy hauler to accommodate one , so when that day comes where I have to retire the dirtbike... I may just resign myself to camping.

I really like to camp a lot and will always be out there as long as I have the wherewithal , but for me , camping right now is a means to ride off-road and push limits and just forget about the office stress. My wife tells me to act my age and stop it before I get seriously hurt... Something about getting on that dirt-bike I am just not willing to give up yet. Trans-America trail for me in the near future (2019).

Tommy is a fighter.. he will be back on it.. maybe have to slow down in the trails some (he is a wild man on that KTM)... but just riding more improved dirt roads or jeep trails is better than in a cage any day IMHO.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:31 pm

flboy wrote:
Padilen wrote:, no it was a suggestion for you.

Side by sides are very nice, especially for group activity... I didn't build my toy hauler to accommodate one , so when that day comes where I have to retire the dirtbike... I may just resign myself to camping.

I really like to camp a lot and will always be out there as long as I have the wherewithal , but for me , camping right now is a means to ride off-road and push limits and just forget about the office stress. My wife tells me to act my age and stop it before I get seriously hurt... Something about getting on that dirt-bike I am just not willing to give up yet. Trans-America trail for me in the near future (2019).

Tommy is a fighter.. he will be back on it.. maybe have to slow down in the trails some (he is a wild man on that KTM)... but just riding more improved dirt roads or jeep trails is better than in a cage any day IMHO.
Side by side look like the should be fun. And would allow me to "get out there", when my biking is over. For me I'd look at it as settling. And I've found that doesn't work well for me. I settled on a half ton pick up. I settled on the DRZ. Now I find that unsettling. I've learned that sensible and logical decisions, are actually illogical. My need to ride, my need for a 3/4 ton and a 2 stroke are as messed up as my body.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:46 am

Morning all.
Wow Don, awesome info and detailed too. I will look for the hardware in ace. IM not sure about the 20 gallon vent line diameter and other assorted hardware but I should be able to figure it out. As far as the 20 gallon tank cap being air tight, I'm not too sure and have my doubts but there is only one way to find out! Also, I don't see any other way but too go through the floor and that may be difficult for me with my hand issue so one day when you are available I think I would need your help and we could check out that ground issue on the running lights. Please. When ever.

Hey Don and Padilen, I cant tell you how many times when someone has asked me what happened to my hand. When I respond that it was a dirt bike accident they ALWAYS say, " aren't you to old for that? " Well I never felt that way and in fact riding made me forget about the fact I'm 56. Until the next day anyway! But seriously, I feel more alive then ever while I'm riding the ktm in the forest and I feel if my hand gets right again soon I will ride again till I'm 65 at least. What a feeling. Those who question will never understand it, ever. I may not ride Like I used to but damn it, I will ride. And so will you! How long, who can say.

Happy trails
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:40 am

Good morning Tommy. I was thinking you could put the quick disconnect right on the sidewall or at the front of the trailer just a tad bit higher than the interior tank. To use it then, just connect the hose and reach in to close the vent valve. I think you would want the hose going in to not hold water and etc. in it when disconnected. A great place for stuff to grow.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:52 am

I'd like to ride with you both someday.

And camp in our CTC's too
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:09 pm

Padilen wrote:I'd like to ride with you both someday.

And camp in our CTC's too

I think it would be cool to have a TNTTT.COM Cargo Trailer Conversion camping rally like some of the trailer manufactures do. It would be fun? I'd definitely make a trip for something like that.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:35 am

I think it would be . We used to camp and have big conventions. I'm going to try going somewhere other than just camping at work, this year. I build a camper and have only gone somewhere once!

Padilen
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions