HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Postby McDave » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Hang in there Tommy. We're all pullin' for you.
God Bless.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Iconfabul8 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:07 am

Copied from Don's page:
flboy wrote:All, if any of you are praying folks, I ask you to pray for Tommy.. We were out having a good time on dirtbikes today and Tommy was involved in a serious accident. Mainly his hand detached/bone sticking out at the wrist. His life is not in danger at this point. They helicoptered him out to the trauma center and he will be on Surgery tonight to repair his wrist/arm and hand. Maybe a broken shoulder also. Tommy is one tough guy. He endured what has to be the worst pain for over and hour while they got back into the woods. They got him to the road and the helicopter took him away. I will spend tomorrow trying to figure out how to get his bike back to camp. It cannot be ridden and sun is going down. I'll let Tommy tell the rest when he can. The purpose of this was to ask for prayers for his recovery and the surgeons who will work on his arm tonight. His wife will be with him tonight. She is on her way. It is a 3 hour drive at least.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the lowdown Don, My thoughts and prayers are with Tommy.
Last edited by Iconfabul8 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 am

flboy, Howdy;

Reckon the original post was knocked down, saw the copy of it in Iconfabul8's post.
Hopefully all has gone well with the surgery for Tommy. Prayers being made and sent
from here. Buck up jarhead, the worst day was yesterday. Tell that to yourself every
day when ya get up.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby BigDave_185 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:23 am

Well what is the update on your health?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BigDave_185
The 300 Club

Postby Padilen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:47 am

BigDave_185 wrote:Well what is the update on your health?

I too have been hoping to see Tommy check in. We are still thinking of you. Hope you are doing well.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Rainier70 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:49 am

Hope your healing and recovery go quickly. God Bless!
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby flboy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:50 pm

All, Tommy wanted to let you know he is doing okay. Latest complication is a blood clot in his leg related to the trauma to his body( he was about 20 feet or so from his bike so he was briefly airborne). He is not real mobile and is on blood thinners. His hand is still in wrap and going back to surgeon this week for checkup.

He said thanks for the concern
He doesn't have access to TNTTT at home right now and cannot type well left handed.

I am sure he will bring you up to speed when he can. He is not having a great time right now.. just trying to get through it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:36 pm

flboy, Howdy;

Don, thanks for passing along the update on Tommy. Looks like you elected yourself as the comms gap filler.
Being a former jug err jarhead he should be able to pick his nose with either hand equally well. It's wipin'
yer butt with the off hand that's a true chore... BTDT, :roll:

hank
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Padilen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Don, I know you passed our well wishes on. Thank you for keeping us informed.
Tommy, take care heal well.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:20 pm

Tommy, I am picking up the 4 Wheeler this weekend. I am going to do a fit check with the KTM in the CTC and if it all fits, I am buying it. It is a 2002 Honda Rancher 350 ES 4WD (not a Recon as I thought). It has new tires, brakes, seat, and the engine was just tore down to fix the neutral shaft which broke (had to split case) . They put in new rings along with valve checks, gaskets, oils, and etc. when it was reassembled. They person I am buying from just wants to recover the costs of the last repair (Engine tear down for neutral shaft) and get it out of his garage. It has been setting there since the last repair for over 2 years and not used but once. It was only used for hunting season to get out to tree stands and etc. over its life.. None of that heavy duty off road muddling or snorkeling every weekend. It is a Honda.... so it should have a lot of useful life still in it.

What I like about this older 4 wheeler is that is not huge and should fit well with the bike in the CTC. I was looking at newer ones and they all are huge...and for what reason? Still a one passenger machine! The Rancher also has all the racks and brush guard along with a real nice winch installed. It will be great for the woods and I can use it when I go hunting in any case.

I will probably put a 2" lift on it and buy some aluminum mag wheels and new plastics in addition to going through everything to make sure it is 100% by tearing it down to the frame, cleaning, greasing, inspecting , and re-painting as I reassemble. Instead of the new plastics, I may get some camouflage heat shrink wrap and do that instead of new plastics for the fenders. That may cost less and it will look great.

I was checking parts online to see what it will take as I have to fix things over time... I can't believe how cheap parts are for this model! I can get a new carburetor for $36.00. No point in touching the insides of that if it acts up. A new starter is about the same. The CDI Module ,the only complex electronics on the bike, is $80.00. Axles and bearings are real cheap also if any of that starts to go.

In any case.. I will keep you posted on 4 wheeler progress... Get that hand healed up and back in shape.... camping in February!
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:27 am

uhhhg, back at work. still hurting bad. this may take a while. hardest thing I ever been through. what don't kill you makes you stronger they say but I am not feeling that yet.

thanks all for the well wishes. I do app it.

great news on the atv don. Install a snow plow blade for deflection purposes and an air horn too for the inevitable collision. :frightened:

I cant stop that vision of the collision from playing out in my head. it scares me to even think about riding those trails now. so many blind curves.

but I miss the forest. I will go back but it will never be the same. right hand may only be 75 % I here. keep you updated guys thanks again
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:48 am

Tommy B. Howdy;

Great to see ya posting :thumbsup:

Don't even begin to fixate on the 75% thing or that's all you'll get, be positive,
strive for the most you can do then do some more. Like they tell the tadpoles
in training "The only easy day was yesterday!" As for the rest, well cross those
trails when you get to them. Don't set yourself up for self-fulling prophecies.

Ok, I'm done with the pep talk, go get yerself mended and back in action.

hank
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby McDave » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:34 am

Sooo glad to see ya back! Sounds like you are gonna be alright. A lot of folks were praying for you Tommy. You are still young and strong and pretty damn tough so full recovery is just a matter of time. If you need anything or just need to talk, you know where to find me.
Really great to hear from you. Missed ya.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby BigDave_185 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Glad to see your back at the key board. Now I’ll be that guy! Where are he photos!!

BigDave_185
The 300 Club

Postby m.colley » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:19 pm

Glad to see you back up and getting around Tommy. You'll get there with the hand/arm thing, just keep up the exercises once they get you going with your physical therapy. After many crashes I know just about every suggested exercise a PT will give me depending on what part of me gets banged up.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions