6X12 SS&S

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 6X12 SS&S

Postby Iconfabul8 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:50 am

McDave wrote:Just a thought on the battery box. There are some faux diamond plate products out there, plastic sheets and vinyl sticker types etc. You might be able to do something with that?

The box has some weird shaped ribs that would probably eliminate the use of stickers but you have given me an idea. Maybe I could find some kind of shrink wrap.
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby McDave » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:17 am

Iconfabul8 wrote:
McDave wrote:Just a thought on the battery box. There are some faux diamond plate products out there, plastic sheets and vinyl sticker types etc. You might be able to do something with that?

The box has some weird shaped ribs that would probably eliminate the use of stickers but you have given me an idea. Maybe I could find some kind of shrink wrap.

Bingo...Annnnd if said shrink wrap happened to have your company logo and info.... well I'm afraid that could make the entire project a business expense, and therefore deductible. Might be an effective advertising opportunity ?

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:01 am

Howdy all;

McDave wrote:
Iconfabul8 wrote:

Bingo...Annnnd if said shrink wrap happened to have your company logo and info.... well I'm afraid that could make the entire project a business expense, and therefore deductible. Might be an effective advertising opportunity ?

McDave

The last bit you mentioned would also bring you into the COMMERCIAL domain as far as registration and
having to pull onto scales, which would then include logbooks and various other headaches.
Just something to consider... but check with your State's MVD to see what the rules are as they are different for
each State.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Iconfabul8 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:51 pm

hankaye wrote:Howdy all;

McDave wrote:
Iconfabul8 wrote:

McDave

The last bit you mentioned would also bring you into the COMMERCIAL domain as far as registration and
having to pull onto scales, which would then include logbooks and various other headaches.
Just something to consider... but check with your State's MVD to see what the rules are as they are different for
each State.

hank

The main purpose for building my CTC was for business use, so I will deduct it anyway. Don't really want to advertise, but I had the same thought as well when we started talking shrink wrap.
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby flboy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:59 am

Iconfabul8, I saw this last week while on vacation. It made me think of you. Is this one of yours?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby McDave » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Those are so cool! Why didn't I think of that? Dang, now I want one. ... ;) ...

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Iconfabul8 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Ah, the good ole penny press. I probably should have built some of these 30 years ago. Instead, I stuck with making round coins. However, my first machine was a penny press but the coin remained round and overstruck a new design on the penny. It was kinda cool, it left just a hint of Lincoln's image.
Looks like you had a great time on your trip. Good to see you enjoying the fruits of your labor.
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby Iconfabul8 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:31 am

Time to plumb! Have had everything cobbled together temporarily for a couple trips I took.
Going to put the permanent fix to it.

Man, look at all those cold water connections! I thought I was building a simple system.
Pump
Shore water
toilet
Sink
Water Heater
Shower
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby Iconfabul8 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Added a few accessories.

Cabinet built, painted and ready to install.

Plumbing almost done.
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby Padilen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:55 pm

I don't think I've seen a manifold for plumbing a trailer before.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby McDave » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:23 pm

Very nice, Icon. Tidy and clean. So, pressure reg.? and pressure test? You may have better luck than me (no doubt) but if I skip it I regret it. And you can never have too many shut off valves. Ya know?

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Iconfabul8 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:25 am

McDave wrote:Very nice, Icon. Tidy and clean. So, pressure reg.? and pressure test? You may have better luck than me (no doubt) but if I skip it I regret it. And you can never have too many shut off valves. Ya know?

McDave

Thanks, McDave. I have one of those, screw on the outside connection regulators, that I thought I would give a try. No on the pressure test. I guess I am a glutton for punishment. I got a good deal on ebay for 10 valves at the beginning of this project. Man are they disappearing fast.
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:12 am

Iconfabul8, Howdy;

I truly enjoy seeing what you come up with for various projects while
you build your CT up. You must have a Rube Goldberg genome in you.
:NC , :thinking: , :twisted: , :lol: , :thumbsup: , :thumbsup: !!!

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby featherliteCT1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:56 am

Looking at your work gives me an inferiority complex
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby low277 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:12 am

You do very nice work!! Always nice and clean, looks very professional. :thumbsup:
NW Minnesota
low277
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions