6x10 Oregon Cargo Camper Conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 6x10 Oregon Cargo Camper Conversion

Postby Mark959 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:30 am

Got this guy installed and running:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AP ... UTF8&psc=1

14" electric vent fan with forward and reverse switching! Only thing I'm worried about is the circuit board doesn't look to be sealed up. Might coat it with something, conformal coating or otherwise. I use to have some lying around before the fire, worked great to make circuits waterproof :D

Anyone have a source for good cheap trim ring garnish for a 14" vent? https://www.amazon.com/Ventline-VA0445- ... merReviews 10$ is the cheapest I can find so far. Might also look at this instead, though I could probably build it cheaper: https://www.amazon.com/Hengs-HG-LR-C-CW ... Bring&th=1 EDIT: just saw its just four LED strips with some clear and white trim, mounted to the trim ring. Pass :R

i think with this puppy I could theoretically cook indoors safely in front of the new window by the desk, window open and fan on high reverse. Either way I will have fire and carbon monoxide sensors before trying :thumbsup: . Here in Oregon it can rain more than Seattle...

Everything is here for water and electric, just gotta find time and run it.
Mark959
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Mark959 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:52 pm

It's my 30th birthday today... Crazy.

Here is a picture from last weekend, lights wired, fan wired, ceiling insulated and DONE:

trailer ceiling complete.jpg
trailer ceiling complete.jpg (116.75 KiB) Viewed 1847 times

My cellphone hasn't been taking good photos lately, so its a little hazy/glary. Flash looked like crap but if I turn the lights on the glare makes it impossible to photograph :D
Mark959
Teardrop Advisor

Postby flboy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Happy Birthday!!!!! :P :P

Ceiling looks really nice. I like that look!
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby McDave » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 pm

[quote="Mark959"]It's my 30th birthday today... Crazy.

[quote]

30 Again? That's alright, I've had 29 anniversaries of my 29th birthday myself. I'm getting pretty good at it now.
Happy Birthday, Mark.
So, Hey! I really like the ceiling. Has kind of a nautical feel to it. Nice job!

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Mark959 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:57 pm

Well long time no see, made some progress lately.

I have a 60A MPPT solar inverter to charge the batteries, and six 100W flexible solar panels. I also have a 100amp battery charger so if I have to I can use my generator as needed. I've heard with cloud cover panels may only put out 10-20% of their rated capacity, I need to recoup around 900 watts a day to run the AC inverter and refrigerator. In the summer I might have enough overhead to run air conditioning :D

I have a waterproof enclosure that I plan to mount the battery charger, solar inverter, and breakers/fuses inside above the battery box.

Around here most camp grounds have outlets so I don't have to worry about sound too much, but I can always just make a sound deadening box for the genny as needed.

The inverter can be paired with additionals if I ever needed to increase array size, each can support up to 48v 60a systems! It would be cheaper to do a 24v or 48v system for inverters, but then you need to step down to 12v for a lot of devices (buck adapters are cheap but inefficient). Luckily there are nice 24v and 48v DC to AC pure sine inverters.

I wanted to do a roof rack with the hard panels originally but this seems to be more elegant and easier. The folding system I was coming up with worked and probably increased efficiency by maybe 20% versus laying flat, but I don't have time to weld up a rack for it right now. That and it stuck out like a sore thumb, I don't need another thing for thieves to screw with. Plus the flex route was cheaper due to sales.

I am going to mount them three on the front end and three on the back - two banks of three each. That way if any panel is shaded the whole pair of 3-panel arrays doesn't crash, they act independently - at least in theory. I have materials to be able to do the wiring three ways: all series, all parallel, or a hybrid of both! For now I am going to do all of the panels in parallel, two separate banks. Supposedly this will give me the best defense against any shading that might occur!

I found some nice hitches I can mount to the back of the trailer, I am thinking that I will buy a 60"x24" cargo basket for the rear, and use it for the propane generator or bikes or whatever else, maybe my propane bbq after I modify it? This should help offset the colossal tongue weight too :thumbsup:

I got all of the parts to run the water system, I just gotta decide on how I want to mount the water heater and find time to mount the fresh water tank.
Mark959
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions