Escape Hatch?

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Escape Hatch?

Postby AnthonyH » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:41 pm

I have a ramp back door on my CTC and will be installing gate latches to lock from the inside. That opens up a huge escape route if I can't get to the door. That doesn't stop someone from pulling a prank and locking me in with the outside bar locks though. I do have a big window that opens though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Postby OverTheTopCargoTrailer » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Gonefishing

LOLROTF, right now my ditigal lock with back up key - BROKE ON THE MECHANISM, can't open door from inside or outside even with the key or thumb latch, lucky I was on the outside when it happened because my door is reinforced & it's not easy to remove lock from the interior as it has 4 screws. There is not even a widow to kick out

:x :? :x :? :frightened:

Cheers ottct
OverTheTopCargoTrailer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby EZDog » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:56 pm

OverTheTopCargoTrailer wrote:Gonefishing

LOLROTF, right now my ditigal lock with back up key - BROKE ON THE MECHANISM, can't open door from inside or outside even with the key or thumb latch, lucky I was on the outside when it happened because my door is reinforced & it's not easy to remove lock from the interior as it has 4 screws. There is not even a widow to kick out

:x :? :x :? :frightened:

Cheers ottct

If you are going to kick the Widow please dont brag about it!

But seriously what are you talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EZDog
Teardrop Master

Postby lrrowe » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:34 pm

I had friends of my parents killed in a mobile home fire. I believe they were trapped and had no way to escape. That event has always been on my mind and perhaps why I am overly cautious about an escape route....who knows? I have a large window which I could "kick" or just push out as the case may require.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby McDave » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:00 pm

Hey Sleeps,
Have you been following this one.....viewtopic.php?f=42&t=67506
I can see some possibilities for an escape here. Also here....viewtopic.php?t=51721&p=953331

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions