Door latch/lock and other stuff supplier.

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Door latch/lock and other stuff supplier.

Postby funengineer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:11 am

I was looking for a supplier for Global Link door locks so that I could key all the locks on my travel trailer and tramper alike.

Found this site. The owner Brian was very helpful in helping me decide how to go about doing this and saved me $. They have a lot of products that might be of interest to you guys and gals. Everything from 30 amp service plugs and power cords, interior and exterior door handles, locks, hinges to folding shelf brackets and legs for folding beds and tables.

http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/Global-Li ... G5Ssss8Kf1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
funengineer
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Door latch/lock and other stuff supplier.

Postby hankaye » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:28 am

funengineer, Howdy;

... or, you can support your local economy and get a local locksmith to do the job.
Had it done for a Travel Trailer I once owned and only cost about $15.00 for 8 cylinders
to be 'keyed alike' with new keys ta boot.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby funengineer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:57 pm

hankaye wrote:funengineer, Howdy;

... or, you can support your local economy and get a local locksmith to do the job.
Had it done for a Travel Trailer I once owned and only cost about $15.00 for 8 cylinders
to be 'keyed alike' with new keys ta boot.

hank
hankaye
Two local locksmiths and three RV dealers could not help. In fact one locksmith recommended I contact Global Link directly. $15 for 8 was pretty good. You did well.

The best I could do was $6.99 each and would still have to find a locksmith that had a Global Link "key change key".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
funengineer
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bdosborn » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:16 pm

You have to watch out for RV locks as almost all of them are keyed to the CH-751 key. I've been at gatherings where I've freaked people out by opening their trailers with my key. :R I had to look for awhile to get a door lock that wasn't a CH-751 and gave up on pre-made cargo doors. I use a combi-cam for the cargo doors:

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions