Another newbie question about his trailer order

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Another newbie question about his trailer order

Postby RandyH » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:19 am

Mine was $5400. It also has one piece aluminum roof. You can look at my build to see what it looks like...

RandyH
RandyH
Teardrop Builder

Postby yycwrangler » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:57 am

Hi Raider

I just put an order in for a Neo last week. Delivery date 2 week in April which is fine with me. Looks like we ordered a lot of the same options. I also added a RV door which comes with a screen door and also the pullout step for the side door. My unit is a 6x12 round. 3 - 30x30 windows, 2 on drivers side, 1 on passenger side. Vinyl interior roofing with a cover for the spring for the ramp. I also went radial instead of bias ply and installed a rooftop vent and will install a maxxair eventually. It wasn't cheap about $6500 US but had all the options I wanted. As I'm in Canada, one of the biggest costs I had was shipping. About $1200 US to Saskatchewan which is the closest dealer to Calgary (about 6 hours away). But that price includes all the paperwork to get it across the border and certified. So if your close to the manufacturer location you could knock off about $1200 from my price which isn't bad.

make sure you get them to use screws on everything which makes it easier to remove roof and walls for insulating. They also have a 3" trim which hides the mating of the plywood, they usually staple that on, so I asked that they cut to correct size but don't attach. just leave in trailer. I understand it's tough to remove the rim when it's stapled.

look forward to seeing your build.

Cheers
Al
Calgary
yycwrangler
Teardrop Master

Postby Vspec » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:53 am

@ yycwrangler

I've also been eying a Neo for CTC/Hauler/Camper conversion. Have you ordered any cabinets? I have gotten a quote with a window in the side door but I am not sure it was the RV door package. We are looking at a 7x14x7 so the final quote is hard to swallow but I just cannot find anything that match the quality of the Neo.

Good call on getting trim cut but not installed.
Vspec
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Padilen » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:13 am

There are other quality trailers. But many cheaper trailers are cheaper because of how they're built. 24 centers instead of 16 etc. They meet a need for people. Many to most manufacture's will offer a "deluxe" CT. Just find a brand that offers the options you want at the price you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Raider » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:21 am

Well, I'm about to pull the trigger and order my NEO NAMSR 12x7 single axle trailer.

In addition to the standard equipment, I plan on ordering the following changes/upgrades:

+6” Interior Height for 72” Interior
3500# Dexter Torsion Axle with Electric Brakes
15” Radial Tires on Aluminum Rims
2 – 30” X 15” Window installed at customers specifications (mounted horizontally, high and centered on the side walls)
Pre Wired and Braced for future addition of AC
16” OC Floor Cross Members

I'm interested in everyone's thoughts on window placement. As you can see I was thinking centered on the side walls, but high enough to allow a little privacy. Any reason to consider other locations?

The trailer will mainly be used to for track/race days at motorcycle events. I do not plan to build it out with a living area, but will be living in it over those weekends. Planning to sleep on a simple cot to keep floor space available and flexible.

Thanks!
Raider
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Padilen » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:14 am

I can't see!
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:57 am

Raider, Howdy;

A lot of the folks with windows (I haven't installed any yet), talk about staggering their
location for better (more complete ?), ventilation. Something I'm considering myself.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mrwall1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:36 am

Yes do lots of research and then more! things I forgot to ask... when I got mine... 24 or 16" my walls are 16 but roof and floor are 24... if they insulate as what they will be using and how good will they do it... mine I just had the ceiling insulated, and they just used basic 2" Styrofoam... left big gaps... didn't seal it with tape or anything.... so had to tear the luan off... which broke into pieces... fill in the big gaps they left... and seal it... I heard some all they got was bubble wrap! Is the frame undercoated.... Probably the biggest thing I wish I would of done... is get an extended tongue. not let them insulate.... luckily mine was undercoated...
my Old Teardrop build journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=59792
My New 7x16 Continental V Nose Build
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=67734
My Photobucket Link to 7x16 V nose build
http://s20.photobucket.com/user/mrwall/ ... %20Trailer
Mike
mrwall1
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions