7x7x16 v nose

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 7x7x16 v nose

Postby Onetype » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:42 pm

jr9744 wrote:I'll be watching your build to see how that shower comes out. I may do what your doing or use frp. Not quite sure yet. Still have some work to go before I start finishing the rooms.

Build is coming along nicely. The floors look good. Is that laminate/wood/ or engineered wood?

The flooring is laminate, I assume there is at least some sort of real wood in there maybe not lol. The only thing I don't like about the FRP is how cheap it looks, always reminds me of the kitchen in a fast food joint. I know it's easy but I want it to look cool, not always cost effective though.

Anyway I had a female 1/2" pex fitting that works, guess I should have checked first. That $100 in fittings was worth it afterall...
Onetype
Teardrop Builder

Postby Onetype » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:06 pm

Those of you that have a rv water inlet box, is your city hookup brass? I ordered this one a while ago from Amazon and it clearly stated it was brass. It didn't even dawn on me until I went to start plumbing it today that it was plastic. I can't seem to get the pex fitting tight enough without the plastic wanting to break, and it has a small leak. Kinda pissed off, not sure if its user error or these plastic ones are just shitty.

I saw Amazon has a legit box where the fitting is actually brass, however I don't want to have to remove this one since I've already installed it. I'm hoping I can just swap the fittings out.

Edit: Picked up a sharkbite swivel fitting, seemed to do the trick.
Onetype
Teardrop Builder

Postby Onetype » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:26 pm

Spent the last couple of days trying to finish the plumbing or at least get it setup to where I can get the sink going and tie in the shower/WH later. I had a leak coming out from behind the hose where it connects to the water inlet box, no matter what I tried It was persistent. Long story short don't even waste your time with the plastic ones. Not wanting to dish out another ~$50 (for some reason you can't just buy the brass spigot even though they are removable from the box) I decided to run up to Home Depot and see what I could put together. It isn't as pretty, also not as snug as my OCD would like either but it finally works leak free. Heres an underneath shot of the plumbing, I kept it pretty simple. Both kitchen and sink connect together and hit a T which will either just dump on the ground or in a bucket. There was no real way for me to run the pex on the inside, hopefully I won't have any issues come winter time as it doesn't get too cold here.

Edit: If anyone could recommend a good hose to use please do so. I was looking into a 50' Camco drinking hose on Amazon but unsure as some people have had issues with it.

Annndd for some reason they are sideways again...
image1[720].JPG
image1[720].JPG (28.57 KiB) Viewed 3942 times

image2[722].JPG
image2[722].JPG (28.9 KiB) Viewed 3942 times

image3[721].JPG
image3[721].JPG (35.84 KiB) Viewed 3942 times
Onetype
Teardrop Builder

Postby jwh92020 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:57 pm

When I used a conventional p trap, it was too low and would have been ripped off just trying to get out of the driveway. I pulled it and replaced it with an elbow for my first trip to secure the drain lines (I was staying in a KOA paid for by work) so I just used their showers). I have a Hepvo vent that I am going to put on when we get a weekend that isn't in the "holy s--t, it's hot" temperature range.
jwh92020
Teardrop Master

Postby Onetype » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:26 pm

This one is sticks out about 6" below the frame. Hopefully that won't be an issue once I get it on the ground but if It is I'll do the same thing, tow vehicle is a lifted 2500 too so maybe that will help. I hate to say it but it's been up on jack stands for so long I forgot it would sit lower once I took it off :? .

I was looking at the Hepvo, one of the reviews said it's not the same diameter as regular pvc. I would be worried that it could become a PITA trying to find all the fittings needed to make it work.
Onetype
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:46 pm

I used the Hepvo. It's awesome! I'll try to get a pic mañana. I want to say it was 1.5" ? I got the fittings from Home Depot.
No problem.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/1-1-2-in-PVC ... /100345781

Here's an RV install PDF
http://hepvo.com/wp-content/uploads/201 ... -Guide.pdf

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Onetype » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Put the wheels back on the trailer and hooked it up to the truck. The P trap doesn't really seem to be an issue as far as height goes from what I can tell. The trailer will be moving to its new location next weekend so that will be the test I guess, I've thought about welding up a skid plate to bolt to the frame to protect it as well...
Onetype
Teardrop Builder

Postby Onetype » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 pm

It's been a while since I updated this, the FB group just seems easier. Anyway the trailer has moved out to its final location at least for the next couple years while I save up some money for a piece of land. I'm still trying to finish the little things on the inside mainly storage related. I didn't really think much of where I was going to keep all of my stuff in here so some plans are going to change. I will be moving the A/C off the floor so I can build cabinets underneath it, that should help hide most of my things and give me much more usable space there. Also Got my table made today, I think It turned out pretty awesome.

image1[740].JPG
image1[740].JPG (432.77 KiB) Viewed 3712 times

image2[741].JPG
image2[741].JPG (351.21 KiB) Viewed 3712 times
Onetype
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:00 am

A Drop Top Table. I love it!
Hey Onetype, Don't be a stranger. You still in the Austin area?

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Onetype » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm about halfway between Bastrop and Austin now off 969 on a heavily wooded 5 acres. Other than driving in each day for work my eventual goal is to live the rural life.
Onetype
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:59 pm

That's as admirable a goal as there is. If you didn't grow up that way, you need to do it. If you did, you need to get back there. Those little towns are great. Life moves slower, people just smile more. If you need some excitement just head south a few miles. Always a good time in La Grange. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1wMOxptgNE

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Onetype » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:13 pm

I actually grew up in Bastrop, we had an Ostrich/Emu farm. I like it out here but it has changed quite a bit from what I remember. I also have family in La Grange lol.
Onetype
Teardrop Builder

Postby Onetype » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:33 am

Well I finally got around to moving the A/C up, somewhat temporarily. I'll probably end up with a new bigger unit as the LG ones have a dry setting which will be really useful at night. Honestly It was doing fine down low where it was (after running it all night in the new location It seemed to do better on the floor, maybe due to the size) but I want some cabinet space in that area so I figured raising it would be ideal. I wanted to use the original holes in the floor for the intake so I bought some boots and some flex duct, I'm hoping it will be enough if not I'll add an inline fan and force air through it. Heres some pics before I reframe the lower half into cabinet space.

image1[828].JPG
image1[828].JPG (505.87 KiB) Viewed 3518 times

image2[829].JPG
image2[829].JPG (478.74 KiB) Viewed 3518 times
Onetype
Teardrop Builder

Postby Onetype » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:15 pm

I ended up just sticking a 10k unit out the side like it's made to be. In the end I don't care what it looks like, my desire to be nice and cool overrides the stealth aspect.
Onetype
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:24 am

That's probably the best solution anyways. If your not moving the trailer often, then the A/C can work as designed and it frees up some valuable space. If you do need to move the trailer, no biggie to bring the A/C in.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions