The Silver bullet build

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

The Silver bullet build

Postby yycwrangler » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:23 pm

So last week made the trek to Saskatoon, Sask for my Neo 6X12 trailer. The 5.5 hour run back to Calgary was very nice without any unnecessary swaying or motion of the trailer. Very well built in my mind.

So for the last week I've been tearing the interior apart. Once apart, the walls were insulted with EPS 1" insulation. This insulation has a foil on both sides so I'm hoping it will deflect the heat from entering but at the same time reflect heat on the inside in the winter. The roof was insulated with the same and the curves between the roof and walls, I placed acoustic home insulation. Once the insulation was placed, I covered the walls with 6mm poly and replaced the original birch walls.

This week I'm going to run electrical. My plan is to keep all electrical outside the walls as apposed to running the wiring between the insulation and the birch interior walls. That way if something goes wrong with the electrical, I don't have to pull the interior wall panels off.

After that, it's painting the walls and ceiling and then furniture..more to follow

Cheers
Al

let me know if this works..Have moved the pics to photobucket
http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/algil ... t=6&page=1
Last edited by yycwrangler on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yycwrangler
Teardrop Master

Re: The Silver bullet build

Postby hankaye » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:52 am

yycwrangler, Howdy;

Sounds like you got your plan going along and in good order.
Do ya think you might try to downsize the photos a wee bit finding it difficult viewing
them as I have to shift the screen back-in-forth and up-n-down to view them. Very
distracting ... Thanks.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby yycwrangler » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi Hank

I'd love to be able to downsize them but I'm not sure how to do that..Any ideas

Al
yycwrangler
Teardrop Master

Postby flboy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Nice trailer. I like it.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW, you can run the wiring in the walls.... just test them (continuity and shorts) before you close the walls up. You should have breakers or fuses to protect the wires. If you have troubles later and it turns out to be the wires, you can just disconnect the wire and run another outside if needed (so no more or less work).

If done right and protected from chaffing, you probably will never have a problem with the run of wire,,, more than likely the problems will be at the connections. It is an opportune time to run wires while it is apart and it looks cleaner when done. Just my opinion of course.

Any floor plans to share yet?
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Iconfabul8 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:48 pm

I use Photobucket as well. Once they are uploaded you can click the edit button(the one in the middle) and resize. I usually go around 650 on the horizontal and it automatically sets the vertical. Save it and copy the direct link, paste it in between the tnttt img brackets and it should look good. Very nice looking trailer by the way :thumbsup:

Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby yycwrangler » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:13 pm

Flboy

Had considered running wires before wall goes back up..My concern is there is 1" of space between wall and ceiling studs. Currently in the space is 1" of insulation so I'm concerned that adding wiring might put additional pressure on the outside walls when I reattach the interior walls..Don't know if that makes sense

Al
yycwrangler
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions