Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: The hauler camper Neo NAMR 7x14

Postby Vspec » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:26 am

Edited the post
Vspec
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Vspec » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 am

As to not pollute PlaidCat's thread, here is the build update for this month: removed the snow from the roof, for the third time since Christmas :thumbdown:
Vspec
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Vspec » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:23 am

The snow is finally almost all melted, so to ease myself into it, an easy project, painting the loft bed supports.

I dont mind paint, I hate cleaning up after but I can't stand the finish left by a brush and prefer the finish of a roller.
Attachments
20180422_193351.jpg
20180422_193351.jpg (175.04 KiB) Viewed 207 times
Vspec
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Vspec » Mon May 14, 2018 7:53 am

One dirt bike got replaced by a SXS, so for the record a Yamaha Viking will find inside a Neo with the extra 6" height.

Now I have to remove the fancy Lock and Lock and re-think my transport system for the remaining dirt bike. This will leave my with some holes in the floor.

What is the best way to fill those in and make sure they will not cause issues in the future?
Vspec
Teardrop Advisor

Postby hankaye » Mon May 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Vspec, Howdy;

With all your talk about removing snow (spit!), thought I spied a Polar Yogi Bear in the corner,
between the step ladder ad the main Garage Door.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby McDave » Mon May 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Are we talking screw/ bolt holes or the deck tie down flush mounted deal? If the latter, I used a piece of galvanized sheet flashing screwed from underneath. Then I took the "bung" from the new mounting hole and epoxied it in with DuraGlass. Hit the metal with some primer. Just sanded the Glass smooth ish before I glued vinyl floor down.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Vspec » Mon May 14, 2018 7:43 pm

hankaye wrote:Vspec, Howdy;

With all your talk about removing snow (spit!), thought I spied a Polar Yogi Bear in the corner,
between the step ladder ad the main Garage Door.

hank

Snow is all gone and got replaced by floods, luckily the water never got anywhere close our house we live quite aways from the St-John river.

McDave wrote:Are we talking screw/ bolt holes or the deck tie down flush mounted deal? If the latter, I used a piece of galvanized sheet flashing screwed from underneath. Then I took the "bung" from the new mounting hole and epoxied it in with DuraGlass. Hit the metal with some primer. Just sanded the Glass smooth ish before I glued vinyl floor down.

McDave

Bolt holes.

I was thinking silicone or caulking but epoxy is a much better idea. Put some gorilla tape underneath or a small piece of wood and fill the hole with epoxy.
Vspec
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions