Window placement

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Window placement

Postby Vspec » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:55 pm

We will have two 30 x 30 windows with a 15 x 30 in the side door and a powered roof vent and I am wondering about window placement in regard to air flow.

In the best condition we can put the ramp down and have ultimate air flow with some sort of screen net. My initial idea was to have both windows across one another to have a cross breeze and have the roof vent extract the hot air. We are planning some sort of elevated bed in the rear thus preventing a rearward window.

What is the collective wisdom on window placement?
Vspec
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Window placement

Postby John61CT » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:48 pm

Instead of directly opposite each other, I'd put the ones in opposite walls "catty corner", one in front one in back.

But I would make sure to place windows **after** my floorplan was locked.

And make sure there was airflow through the space around/above my head where I spend the most time reading, screentime, sleeping.

Also from where the fridge is exhausting heat.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby lrrowe » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:29 pm

To me, making the decision to where you want the window is to choose that one spot which suits your liking and needs. Yes, there are locations which require less work, but in the long run, I do not think that extra time and labor should be the only reason not to do what you want. Remember, you are almost stuck forever with whatever spot you chose, so choose with plenty of thought. Does this make sense?
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby CoventryKid » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Further to Bob's (lrrowe) comments, window placement in our CT was determined by our floor plan, not what was easy or cheapest to do at the time.

I chose to install our windows during the build when I knew for certain where everything was going to be. I did not want to be stuck with a window 6" (or whatever) out in one direction or the other.

Our 10 speed Maxxair ceiling fan pulls fresh air in thru any or all 3 windows which are usually open to some degree.

Hope this helps.
Doug
Vancouver Island, BC

GMC Savana Explorer Limited SE hightop conversion van
NEO NAVR 7x16 V-nose aluminum trailer now a comfortable travel trailer

Build: http://www.tusker-international.com/1-trlr-build.html
CoventryKid
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions