Looking for input on a small cargo conversion.

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Looking for input on a small cargo conversion.

Postby Zipline65 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:38 pm

We have had our home built (not by us) Tear for about 3 years now. For many reasons we have only actually camped in it a few times. One thing I have learned is that while we love the camper and the rear kitchen, I need a porta potty inside the camper. I know there are lots of solutions for being able to "pee" inside but at 65 they aren't for me. Most of the threads on cargo conversions are on trailers that are too long for our needs. We camp very simply and prefer to be outdoors. Has anyone converted 10' and under trailers?
Liz
Zipline65
Silver Donating Member

Re: Looking for input on a small cargo conversion.

Postby onehoser » Tue May 30, 2017 12:54 pm

check out my 5x8 conversion: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=68016
I am the wisest man alive, for i know one thing, and that is that i know nothing. (socrates)
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby Zipline65 » Wed May 31, 2017 3:20 pm

Thanks for getting back. I like your build. We would do something similar but add some shelving/cabinetry. What do you plan on using for a mattress? One of the things I like about our tear is that the bed is always set up. With the fold ups on each side you would have a couch for rainy days.
Liz
Zipline65
Silver Donating Member

Postby onehoser » Wed May 31, 2017 5:39 pm

i used 4" of medium density foam with 1.5" of gel foam on top of it for a very comfortable bed.
i decided against cupboards and shelves because with two of us in this small area i didn't want anything that we may bump into, instead i use rubber coated cup hooks to hang items we use regularly and store everything else under the bed in totes. if it wasn't for the girlfriends kayak the bed would be in the down position all of the time.

tony
I am the wisest man alive, for i know one thing, and that is that i know nothing. (socrates)
onehoser
The 300 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions