how did you finish your ramp

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

how did you finish your ramp

Postby yycwrangler » Wed May 31, 2017 2:43 pm

Would like to use the ramp as a siting area and currently don't park anything in the trailer. So essentially not using the ramp for it's real purpose but instead a deck.

just wondering what folks have used to finish their deck. Vinyl or paint or carpet, rubber etc.

Cheers
Al
yycwrangler
Teardrop Master

Re: how did you finish your ramp

Postby Redneck Packrat » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:24 am

My (proposed) ramp is going to be used only for wife's chair to go in and out, so I'm leaning towards something "grabby" so if it's wet it doesn't turn into a water slide for her :? Maybe bumpers/curbs on the sides so it's at least a straight slide and not a dropoff? :thinking:

That probably means either the rough cheap expanded metal or some sort of indoor-outdoor carpet. Thing with the carpet is, I know she's gonna wear tracks in it very quickly, so it'd have to be something easily replaceable. I'd was going to try to build in the option of using the ramp as a porch, but realistically can't see the point of sitting a few inches higher on a platform instead of just hanging out on the ground either at the bottom of the ramp or around side of the trailer.
Bill
Texas Gulf coast, near Corpus

Working on this, started 5/2017: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=68614

Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield :?
Redneck Packrat
Teardrop Master

Postby hankaye » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:06 am

Redneck Packrat, Howdy;

There are several coatings that you could use. Rhino truck bed liner, one of the
garage floor coatings that have the small chips you scatter should prove to be a
non-skid surface. Just remember it can either look really, really good or be functional
Hard to find one that does both.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Padilen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:26 am

I used an anti slip additive in my paint. But after doing an axle flip I found the increased angle "slippery". So I added grip tape where I load/unload my cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby McDave » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:49 am

Hey Packrat,
I used this for all flooring and ramp. So far, So good.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-7-5-ft-x ... /205442047

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Redneck Packrat » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:27 am

McDave wrote:Hey Packrat,
I used this for all flooring and ramp. So far, So good.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-7-5-ft-x ... /205442047

McDave

That looks like it might work for me. How non-skid does it stay with wet shoes? How did you attach it? It's got to be attached unless it's *really* rigid, because when that chair does a 180 she can bunch up wall-to-wall carpet if it's coming loose at the tackstrip! Area rugs? Forget it :shock:

I guess for cleany and shiny, one could just Armor All it :lol: Hey, don't laugh too hard....it'd make getting down the ramp really easy! :thumbsup:
Bill

Redneck Packrat
Teardrop Master

Postby McDave » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:00 am

Here ya go, Packrat.
It's very flexible, especially when hot.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfIma ... bc2edc.pdf

Glue her down and possibly under the trim, perhaps some well placed staples.

McDave

PS. If you use the Armour All, keep a video camera handy. America just loves a good slip and fall... :D just sayin

PPS. See if you can find pokefrog's build journal. He did a great handicap trailer for his daughter.
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Redneck Packrat » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:42 am

McDave wrote:Here ya go, Packrat...

...If you use the Armour All, keep a video camera handy. America just loves a good slip and fall... :D just sayin

PPS. See if you can find pokefrog's build journal. He did a great handicap trailer for his daughter.

There is a story behind that. When my son was about 12, he blew off his chores one Saturday morning, and as we were all leaving to go do our rat-killing, Denise told him that floor "better SHINE" when we get back from the grocery store. Well, we got back and came in. It shined. She had 2-3 bags of groceries in her lap, I was carrying a load too, walking behind her. She wheeled onto the laminate floor from the carpet and went to hang a left into the kitchen with me right behind her. I hit that floor and went down and knocked into her wheels and we BOTH slid all the way to the wall, sideways. That's when we noticed the spray bottle of Armor All on the counter. I do not know how but not one egg was broken nor one drop of milk made it to the floor. Couldn't get mad a Bubba though. The floor DID shine :lol:
Bill

Redneck Packrat
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions