7x16 Arizona toy hauler

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 7x16 Arizona toy hauler

Postby McDave » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:04 am

faust_21 wrote:
McDave wrote:Hey faust_21 ,
Do you float those kayaks down the Salt? In my younger days I made a few trips down and several to Havasu. Probably still would if I was closer. I remember this one St. Patricks Day.....probably shouldn't tell that one here.
Anyways, trailers looking good. Keep that stuff up. ... :thumbsup: ...

McDave

You know it McDave! Those are the only toys the wife has asked for, but since getting pregnant they just sit in the way more than anything lol. Where about are you located? Az??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been in Montana for the last 23yrs, but I grew up in New Mexico and was lucky enough to be a Defence contractor so I travelled the desert, a lot. Phoenix, 29 Palms, China Lake, Miramar, etc. Still have family in Scottsdale. I do miss it sometimes.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby faust_21 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:45 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Finally have something useable!! Have an overnighter this weekend to drop our trailer off then 5 nights over Labor Day weekend! Can't wait for our hard work to pay us back. Still a long ways to go, but we will have to take some time off and put the time/money towards the baby!

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:18 pm

Well alright then. NextGen campers. Congratulations. Glad you are getting a chance to enjoy that CTC. It never hurts to take a little breather. If you push too hard it can stop being fun and end up as just a 2nd job. That initial mountain of work has to get done, but once she's usable you can pick a project and give it the time and attention you think it deserves.
Enjoy your trips and that new baby. Great job.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby faust_21 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:54 pm

ImageImageImage

Been using the trailer some and finally found a really good deal! Got both of these toy hauler benches for $100. Nicest thing for me is that they mount on the side and won't block the walkway!

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Oh yeah, nice score on the benches. That looks like some good camping there. I'll bet it feels good to get a break from the heat. When I saw your cooler on wheels it reminded me of a setup someone here made for their water, water heater, pump and propane tank to make them mobile and easy to set up near shower tent. Basic idea was a two wheeler dolly with all the tanks and heater and pump attached, maybe small battery as well? Anyways, just an idea for easier deployment. I'll try to find the original for you.
Glad you are using the camper. Mama looks happy.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby faust_21 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Well here it is installed everyone! Dinette works great and I think I finally found a setup that will meet all our needs. Next step will be to build a wall around the shower to make it look nicer and hold it on place then build custom counters as shown in sketch. I'm pretty happy with this project again and with a little time off and the weather cooling off I'm beginning to catch a second wind. Happy building all!ImageImageImageImageImage

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:58 pm

I forgot you had a shower stall. I do like the new bench seats and that's cool that you can fold out of the way. Do they make into a sleeper too?
Making good progress. ... :thumbsup:

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

7x16 Arizona toy hauler

Postby faust_21 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Finally got a window installed over the weekend and with the vent fan we get a strong breeze through the trailer. I highly recommend the windows sold by vintage technologies. Next I'm hoping to find a 30x30 exit window with screen and am open to suggestion!
faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby faust_21 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 pm

ImageImageImageImage

Made a few more additions over the weekend. Vinyl flooring down, insulated last wall panel put up aluminum wall panels up on one wall. Inch by inch.

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby faust_21 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Getting the interior done one piece at a time. Really like the carpet walls so far!

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby sodatrain » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:38 pm

faust_21 wrote:Image

Getting the interior done one piece at a time. Really like the carpet walls so far!

Looks so much better!

Sorry if I missed it (on a mobile) where did you get that dinette?

--
My 7x7x14 Tandem Axel build thread: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69731
sodatrain
Teardrop Advisor

Postby McDave » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:55 pm

:applause: Oh yeah, its getting down to the good part now. Floor coverings and wall treatments make a huge visual impact in a relatively short amount of time and effort. Who doesn't like carpet on the walls? I love it. Got that same (similar) color on my walls. Granite something... Also a taupe carpet on the ceiling, why not? Fast, cheap, fairly easy. And a better look than I could get with paint. Your eyes are pretty darn close to the ceiling, if there is a defect you will see it.
Real nice work Faust_ 21. How's the family? Well I hope. Merry Christmas and Happy new Year.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby faust_21 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:47 pm

sodatrain wrote:
faust_21 wrote:Image

Looks so much better!

Sorry if I missed it (on a mobile) where did you get that dinette?

No problem! I got the folding dinette off Craigslist, but it came from a gearbox toy hauler. $100. The table came from an old camper and I goth the post kit from eBay.

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby faust_21 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:59 pm

McDave wrote::applause: Oh yeah, its getting down to the good part now. Floor coverings and wall treatments make a huge visual impact in a relatively short amount of time and effort. Who doesn't like carpet on the walls? I love it. Got that same (similar) color on my walls. Granite something... Also a taupe carpet on the ceiling, why not? Fast, cheap, fairly easy. And a better look than I could get with paint. Your eyes are pretty darn close to the ceiling, if there is a defect you will see it.
Real nice work Faust_ 21. How's the family? Well I hope. Merry Christmas and Happy new Year.

McDave

Yea we're excited to move forward. First wall is assembled and ready to go in when I have time, but have really been struggling to come up with a ceiling cover plan. Had our baby on 12/12 so things have been hectic here.

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:43 am

Congratulations!
That makes for a real busy Holiday Season. I'll bet you guys are exhausted. Those little stinkers require a lot of attention at the beginning. Just a constant cycle of feeding, wiping, spitting and drooling, wiping, pooping, wiping, and sleeping, and more wiping. Just like the Golden Years..... something to look forward to, just sayin'... But seriously, your gonna have to be very careful for the first year or so. You will be changing a LOT of dyedees, and with the birthday this close to Christmas you could get overwhelmed and confused and gift wrap the baby and accidently send somebody the worst gift ever! Sure, you'll laugh about it later, but your Father in Law will never look at you the same way again.

:o
Hey, remember how H O T it was in Arizona this summer? Well, take a look at these numbers. You'll feel a lot better about the whole thing.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions