7x16 Arizona toy hauler

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 7x16 Arizona toy hauler

Postby faust_21 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:59 pm

Got our solar and a temporary panel set up and installed today! Eventually I will switch to a pd4045, but this will work in the mean time especially since I already had the parts! Threw on a big screen before we take it out for a shakedown run next weekend up the mountain. Starting to get pretty excited about this build.ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:33 am

Yea, you are getting to the good part now. All that insulating and wiring and plumbing stuff takes time and progress seems slow, but then...it starts coming together. 8)
Are you headed to the White Mtns? Flag? Prescott? Anyways, have fun. Hopefully you can get some relief from the heat.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby faust_21 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:43 am

McDave wrote:Yea, you are getting to the good part now. All that insulating and wiring and plumbing stuff takes time and progress seems slow, but then...it starts coming together. 8)
Are you headed to the White Mtns? Flag? Prescott? Anyways, have fun. Hopefully you can get some relief from the heat.

McDave

I got ahold of some of your lap sealant and went crazy mccdave! Also threw on a vent cover so we can leave the vent cracked all the time. We're headed up to the rim near the town of Forest Lakes this weekend and will be headed to the White mountains for hunting season next month. I still have to insulate the back half and build our bed before then, but I'm just happy to see it in a useable form.

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:54 am

Haha! For a split second there I thought I was seein' a snow drift! :?
Well, I'm not sure you can ever have too much lap sealant, But I'd say you got that one. Good to go. Ummm... That roof looks like it might get a little warm sometimes? Only 350 days of sunshine per year in the desert.
just sayin'...

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby faust_21 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:41 pm

McDave wrote:Haha! For a split second there I thought I was seein' a snow drift! :?
Well, I'm not sure you can ever have too much lap sealant, But I'd say you got that one. Good to go. Ummm... That roof looks like it might get a little warm sometimes? Only 350 days of sunshine per year in the desert.
just sayin'...

McDave

Maybe only 349?? Either way a good coating of Henry's is on the list! I about burnt up while on the roof installing the sealant and vent cover.

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby Pauly Dee » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:08 pm

faust_21 wrote:Scored some cabinets today. Found a store that sells used cabinets. $40 for bases and $20 for wall units of any sizes. Will be going back for closet doors as they have doors for $15.

Where? I'm helping with a toy hauler project and it needs all new cabinets also. Thanks.
Pauly Dee
Teardrop Inspector

Postby faust_21 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:50 pm

Pauly Dee wrote:
faust_21 wrote:Scored some cabinets today. Found a store that sells used cabinets. $40 for bases and $20 for wall units of any sizes. Will be going back for closet doors as they have doors for $15.

Where? I'm helping with a toy hauler project and it needs all new cabinets also. Thanks.

http://www.stardustbuilding.org
Was one and the other was the habitat for humanity re-store.

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby faust_21 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:40 pm

ImageImage

Survived our first trip in the new rig! Definitely need to get the vertical bed in and a new mattress. Also found out the battery I had laying around is pretty much sh** so we need to address that soon. Solar worked great though. The biggest thing was finding out how our truck towed it up the mountain. 8.5mpg up the mountain woohoo.

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:48 am

I'm in the same boat on the MPGs. My 5.7 GMC was never great on gas but I could drive 80-90mph no problem. When I'm towing I keep it in 3rd at 70ish. The only way overdrive will stay engaged is on long downhill runs. It just doesn't have the poop to push the weight and the wind. But it rides nice. The trailer Mfr. says not to exceed 70 anyway, so.....

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby faust_21 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:05 pm

McDave wrote:I'm in the same boat on the MPGs. My 5.7 GMC was never great on gas but I could drive 80-90mph no problem. When I'm towing I keep it in 3rd at 70ish. The only way overdrive will stay engaged is on long downhill runs. It just doesn't have the poop to push the weight and the wind. But it rides nice. The trailer Mfr. says not to exceed 70 anyway, so.....

McDave

Yea we definitely don't do this for the fuel economy, but I don't regret my 1500. The 20+ mpg the rest of the time sure is nice!

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby faust_21 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:08 pm

ImageImage

Finished all insulation except small panel where we wanna put a picture window and all that's left on the bed is the top sheeting. Finally getting through the cruddy stuff and on to the more enjoyable things.
faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:19 am

Hey faust_21 ,
Do you float those kayaks down the Salt? In my younger days I made a few trips down and several to Havasu. Probably still would if I was closer. I remember this one St. Patricks Day.....probably shouldn't tell that one here.
Anyways, trailers looking good. Keep that stuff up. ... :thumbsup: ...

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby faust_21 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:21 pm

McDave wrote:Hey faust_21 ,
Do you float those kayaks down the Salt? In my younger days I made a few trips down and several to Havasu. Probably still would if I was closer. I remember this one St. Patricks Day.....probably shouldn't tell that one here.
Anyways, trailers looking good. Keep that stuff up. ... :thumbsup: ...

McDave

You know it McDave! Those are the only toys the wife has asked for, but since getting pregnant they just sit in the way more than anything lol. Where about are you located? Az??

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby FlyBye » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:47 pm

I just recently sold my 1754 Grizzly Tracker Jon Boat with a new 20 hp motor on it to be able to build the cargo trailer. I knew I wouldn't be able to pull both and my kayak was getting much more attention than my big boat. It's nice to see a few other kayaks on the forum.
Attachments
Trolling for Crappie.jpg
Trolling for Crappie.jpg (52.84 KiB) Viewed 3239 times
FlyBye's 7x16 Cargo Camper Build
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69287
FlyBye
Teardrop Master

Postby faust_21 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:07 am

That's a nice looking kayak Flybye. I looked at those and may still upgrade later as I'm hoping we use them more once the trailer is done and baby is here. Happy fishing.

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions