Hand pump faucet

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Hand pump faucet

Postby tandempair » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:11 am

Looking for some info, experiences and reviews on a hand pump faucet. It will go in Ou Avanti compact kitchen unit we are putting in. oping to get my rubberized flooring in today, the electrician that is coming on Friday to do some work on our house, said he would hardwire it in wile he is here. Not sure how to post pics so here is a link.

https://www.appliancesconnection.com/av ... aQodxFsOFw

Finding this really solved our issues of what to do for a kitchen. I am hoping to put another small cabinet next to this to have counter space. Will use a Jerry can to pump the water and another to drain the sink into.
I think Avanti used to be made in a plug in model of this unit, but now it only comes with hardwire installation. Our trbed is a drop in the cargo conversion is a down from the ceiling, which is 7 ft, bed height is adjustable, but we need room to sit up and read at night so I am looking for something that doesn't have a really high faucet.
hanks for your input and patience. I appreciate the knowledge and experience found on this forum.
Last edited by tandempair on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
tandempair
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Hand pump faucet

Postby tandempair » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:19 am

Opps. Bad link. Found one that works.
https://www.appliancesconnection.com/av ... aQodxFsOFw
tandempair
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Andrew Herrick » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:19 am

Have you checked out the Valterra Rocket hand pump faucet?

Reviews seem mixed. Cheap, but won't last forever, and it can't generate a tremendous amount of pressure.

I'm on the hunt for a good hand pump faucet myself. I've heard good things about Whale marine. Like this hand pump: http://www.whalepumps.com/marine/produc ... d-operated

They make a foot-operated pump, too.
A few of my builds:

ImageImageImageImage

SEE MORE AT: boondockcampers.com
Andrew Herrick
The 300 Club

Postby tandempair » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:24 pm

I checked out the Valterra online too. Wasn't happy with the reviews and it only holds the prime that you can lock in for about an hour. Not a very good flow either. I might be pretty cranky in the morning waiting for my coffee because it would. Take awhile to fill the pot. Lol. Actually, I usually do that the night before.
The flow on this one looks pretty decent. I will check it out a bit more. I have a cuz in NC that has a boat and works around boats a bit. I will ask his opinion too. I was thinking that Marine grade would probably last longer.
tandempair
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Jscwerve » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:01 am

This is funny, I've been contemplating water delivery a lot over the last week!

Eventually I'm just going to put a pump and regular faucet in, but at the cost of $150+ to do that with decent equipment, I have other priorities to finish first.

I went with the Valterra, despite the mixed reviews. It may not be perfect, but for $20 I couldn't find anything better.

When we are camping we do not drink the water from the faucet anyways. It is mostly used for cleaning and such, so not that big of a deal if it leaks a little bit on the counter as we are probably already wiping things up.

It should be here tomorrow and installed before the weeks end. I'll post my experiences with it.
Jscwerve
Teardrop Builder

Postby rkanz » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:39 pm

I have a Whale foot pump connected to a Whale faucet. Works really well and keeps both hands free. I mounted the pump to a board and just put it on the ground. Plumbed it with silicon tubing from a beer making store.Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rkanz
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Andrew Herrick » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:32 pm

Thank you for the pic of the Whale foot pump. Whale Marine has been on my mind a lot recently. I'd like to avoid the necessity of a 12v pump, and Whale seems to have topnotch products. It appears that both the Whale Flipper and the Whale V hand pumps can generate up to 10 feet of suction lift. That's more than enough for any teardrop!
A few of my builds:

ImageImageImageImage

SEE MORE AT: boondockcampers.com
Andrew Herrick
The 300 Club

Postby tandempair » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:39 pm

[quote][/quote]
Thanks for posting the pics of your set up with the Whaler. Very helpful. I like the idea of the foot pump now that Imsee the set up.
tandempair
Teardrop Advisor

Postby RixPlace1 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:32 pm

I spent most of my life in the residential construction biz,so my mind automatically goes that route when thinking of similar ideas for a cargo conversion as in the cuurent ? and answer.My mind revolves around a sink sink not a smallish almost basin size container and then I see a foot operated sink pump which eliminates the need for a power pump, and I think ZOWEE, I have to revolution ize my thinking to accept these great ideas, I don't need oak floors, laminate is perfect,don't need sheetrock for walls 1/4 " plywood is fine,don't need a 19cu,ft fridge,with ice maker, a 4 cu. ft fridge is perfect.I have no need for largish pots and pans so why need a huge sink, save 150$ on a power water pump, one less thing to replace.
Joining this forum has opened a whole diff method of thinking
RixPlace1
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions