Securing something that needs wall clearance

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Securing something that needs wall clearance

Postby tandempair » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:54 pm

Our compact kitchen is hard wired in. The next step is to make it secure and solid for trraveling. I'm a rookie here, so plz be patient. The compact kitchen has to have 6 inches of clearance so the fridge can cool properly. So far we haven't secured anything permanent in our CTC. I was thinking cabinets would need to be secured to center boards in the wall. ( Plz excuse my terminology) but since this unit needs to be 6 inches from the wall, what is the best way to secure it?
Thanks.
tandempair
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Securing something that needs wall clearance

Postby fourbtgait » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:09 pm

tandempair wrote:Our compact kitchen is hard wired in. The next step is to make it secure and solid for trraveling. I'm a rookie here, so plz be patient. The compact kitchen has to have 6 inches of clearance so the fridge can cool properly. So far we haven't secured anything permanent in our CTC. I was thinking cabinets would need to be secured to center boards in the wall. ( Plz excuse my terminology) but since this unit needs to be 6 inches from the wall, what is the best way to secure it?
Thanks.

What does the manufacrurer specs says for securing it?
fourbtgait
Teardrop Master

Postby John61CT » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:37 pm

Active cooling over the condensor coils will allow you to get up to the wall, just find ways to ensure the flow isn't blocked.

Vent to outside?

I'd put in a temp sensor back there, real-time display, maybe even shut the fridge down gets too hot.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Iconfabul8 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:01 am

From the looks of the manual I see that it only needs 10" on the right side if you put it against a wall, so the fridge door will open enough to get out the racks and stuff.

Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby tandempair » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Iconfabul8 wrote:From the looks of the manual I see that it only needs 10" on the right side if you put it against a wall, so the fridge door will open enough to get out the racks and stuff.

Wow, thanks for pointing that out and posting the diagram. The brochure they sent with my unit was the wrong one and I must have missed the diagram on the one they emailed to me. The no clearance thing certainly simplifies things. We are plenty good on the other clearance.
tandempair
Teardrop Advisor

Postby hankaye » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:06 pm

tandempair, Howdy;

Referring to the install sheet the only measurement that extends to the wall is the one from the faucet,
when set to be perpendicular to the wall. If that equates to a snug fit to the wall then you're good to go.
If, however it leaves you about an inch or so then I would use some "L" brackets to secure the base to the
floor. Which is the way I'd attach it to the wall as well. I'd also mount them to the inside so it looks "neater".

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions