What made you choose....??

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: What made you choose....??

Postby crttaz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:51 am

AZKayaker wrote:I wanted double barn doors as a ramp would not work for my rear facing galley concept. I ended up with a lift door, which gives instant protection from sun and rain and is out of the way.

EXCELLENT idea...
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby McDave » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:41 pm

:thumbsup: +1
It's just the inertia that makes me nervous. Is it spring loaded or assist? On second thought, I'm way too accident prone for that kind of mousetrap. Ramps go down. That is all. ... :NC ...

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby crttaz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:48 pm

Gas struts like those that are used on rear hatch backs, plus spring assist I bet. I would still put adjustable poles under the corners.

If I go this route I also wanna be able to move the galley out of the way to load an engine into for via a cherry picker lift.

I have a foldable cot from REI instead of having a permanent bed when I finally get started.
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby AZKayaker » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:18 pm

Two gas struts and a prop rod hold up the lift door. Hasn't bitten me yet. My galley and bunk come out with four bolts each and it turns into a cargo trailer again.

crttaz wrote:Gas struts like those that are used on rear hatch backs, plus spring assist I bet. I would still put adjustable poles under the corners.

If I go this route I also wanna be able to move the galley out of the way to load an engine into for via a cherry picker lift.

I have a foldable cot from REI instead of having a permanent bed when I finally get started.
See my 5x9 SquareDrop CT conversion build, trip pics and more
gallery/album.php?album_id=3552
AZKayaker
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions