WEE ROLL campers

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: WEE ROLL campers

Postby Iroll » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:36 pm

ATG and Weeroll aren’t the same. I’ve ordered from Weeroll and pick mine up in about 3 weeks. They will not make any size you want. They will try to accommodate special orders but they won’t do anything and everything. He has models he rolls out but doing a lot of customized sizes has become too difficult from what I understand. But you can ask. The design of my model was 66” High but I wanted more headroom so I requested 6’.
Iroll
Teardrop Inspector

Postby swtx » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:50 pm

I'm brand-new to this forum and posted my intro earlier this evening. My primary interest is a new high-quality all-aluminum cargo trailer to convert. I've been learning about WEEROLL and am considering their Silver Cloud, so it was great to find this thread. I've read it all. Thanks to everyone who has contributed. I'll keep y'all posted.
swtx
Teardrop Inspector

Postby hankaye » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:30 am

swtx, Howdy;

Welcome to the fun :roll: .

Looking forward to seeing what you decide on and how it works out.

Your neighbor to the nw,

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby back4more » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:28 pm

I ordered a weeroll nomad at the end of April and I am super anxious to get it and get to customizing. Those weerolls seem like awesome little trailers.
back4more
Teardrop Inspector

Postby swtx » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:14 pm

I phoned WEEROLL twice, but their voicemail mailbox was full, so I couldn't leave a message. However, Tom Cafaro phoned me using caller ID, and we talked. He was very good to answer some crucial question that I had (such as clearance of a 6'-tall Silver Cloud into my carport), and all conclusions were positive. I hope to make an appointment to visit Florida in the not-too-distant future to look and quite possibly to place my order. He also told me that photos of the new Silver Cloud design revisions will be out soon, maybe a week. I look forward to those. :applause:
swtx
Teardrop Inspector

Postby back4more » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:48 pm

swtx wrote:I phoned WEEROLL twice, but their voicemail mailbox was full, so I couldn't leave a message. However, Tom Cafaro phoned me using caller ID, and we talked. He was very good to answer some crucial question that I had (such as clearance of a 6'-tall Silver Cloud into my carport), and all conclusions were positive. I hope to make an appointment to visit Florida in the not-too-distant future to look and quite possibly to place my order. He also told me that photos of the new Silver Cloud design revisions will be out soon, maybe a week. I look forward to those. :applause:

What did he tell you the overall height of a 6 ft silver cloud is? The nomad I ordered is 6 ft and I'm trying to fit it under a carport also.

Keep track of the weeroll fb page and the weeroll micro camper mpv owners & fans fb page. Tom updates the weeroll page regularly, posts some on the fan page, and lots of weeroll owners share pics and ideas there as well. Today on one of the two, maybe both, Tom shouted of a nice new silver cloud xtreme off road that he's taking orders on.
back4more
Teardrop Inspector

Postby swtx » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:32 pm

back4more wrote:What did he tell you the overall height of a 6 ft silver cloud is? The nomad I ordered is 6 ft and I'm trying to fit it under a carport also.

He told me that the nominal height dimensions are internal headroom. The external clearance for the 66" Sliver Cloud is 83", and for the 6' Silver Cloud is 89". That's great for me, because my carport clears 90½". I cannot say the the same clearances apply to the Nomads. The WEEROLL web site says that the Silver Cloud has 14" tires, while the Nomad has 15" tires. In addition, I don't know whether the Nomad has a torsion axle or leaf springs. If carport clearance is critical for you, you'd better call Tom and ask.
swtx
Teardrop Inspector

Postby swtx » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Photos of the latest version of the Silver Cloud were released today (July 6, 2018) on the Weeroll.com and Weeroll Micro Camper MPV Owners & Fans pages at Facebook. :applause:
The one shown is white due to a customer request, but the next one will be in the usual shiny aluminum.
swtx
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Iconfabul8 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:04 pm

I wonder if they have tested this design anywhere but sandy Florida. Looks to me , one small rock to those front windows and it is going to get very windy inside.
But maybe not, maybe it is high enough to keep from getting the big ones. I just remember someone in the teardrop section had a window facing the front and
couldn't figure out why the window broke on the first trip out. Haha
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:31 am

Howdy All;

Sure hope they put some type of barrier (paint,sealer, chemical
conversion coating, etc.), between the hitch and the tongue and
the bolts that go through them. The corrosion that can develop
there (dissimilar / galvanic), can lead to serious problems. Here's
the Google search page, you can chose which you want to read.
https://www.google.com/search?q=dissimi ... e&ie=UTF-8

hank
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby John61CT » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:50 am

I doubt a maker specializing in aluminum with a great reputation to uphold, would miss out on that obvious and low cost a detail.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hankaye » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:34 pm

John61CT, Howdy;

What with the high turn-over rate in those assembly places, and the
"skill" level of the assemblers, Drilled holes do not always get de-burred,
Bolts don't get coated and if it's piece work well then ... :roll: .

Even high tech things like aircraft have a lot of those " obvious and low
cost " details that do get overlooked. I made a livin' fixin' that stuff for about
20 years in the military.

Respectfully,

hank
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby John61CT » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:19 am

I don't know how stringent Weeroll's QA processes are.

Even "best in the US industry" would be a low bar to clear.

But I am saying I'd be surprised if they missed out on protecting from the unlike-metals issue completely.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby back4more » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Anyone pick up or order a WeeRoll lately? Anyone been waiting for a while and getting close to go time? I'm almost 120 days in since ordering. I ordered a steel frame though.
back4more
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions