WEE ROLL campers

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: WEE ROLL campers

Postby onlyridepark » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:30 pm

John61CT wrote:
onlyridepark wrote:
Luke WL. wrote:Do they do custom sizes or just the few on their site?

Yes, they can build anything any size you want. They also go by the name ATG (Aluminum Trailer Group). I had my trailer built by them.

Are you sure Thomas Dennis/ATG and Wee Roll are the same outfit?

I think they might be a separate company but the aluminum trailers Wee Roll is selling are definitely built by ATG. And some of their trailer pictures are actually in front of the ATG shop. Wee Roll may just be one of their dealers.
onlyridepark
Teardrop Builder

Postby bushido41 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been following these trailers, and indeed Weeroll is a dealer of ATG, http://www.aluminumtrailergroup.com/dealer-locator.
This trailers look very nice, and I will be going to either ATG, or Weeroll in the near future to view their products. I live about 3 hours south of them.
Regards,
Ed
K4BQN
ImageImageImage
bushido41
Teardrop Master

Postby Zipline65 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:50 pm

I talked to Tom at Weeroll yesterday. We are spending some time in Florida to escape the Chicago area winter weather. I had to leave a message but he called back within 30 minutes. He asked quite a few questions about how we camp and what our needs are. We are going to take a look at their trailers while down there and hopefully order one. Thanks for all the comments and input.
Liz
Zipline65
Silver Donating Member

Postby ray suarez » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:01 pm

ofaberangler.jpg
ofaberangler.jpg (808.33 KiB) Viewed 3939 times
That is interesting about ATG and Weeroll, when I went the first time, I did go to the ATG location , however, today I went back to pull the trigger on a unit and was blown away. Wee Roll has taken the a huge leap in their manufacturing process, they are now in about 150,000 sq foot manufacturing facility with laser cutters, robotic welders and more stuff than I can remember. Tom was humble but made it clear his product was now being made along side of products made for John Deere and Emergency one the fire truck builder. It opened my eyes to the difference between mom and pop weld shop where they got their start and what they are doing now, so I am waiting for the first proto type to be finished this month, what got me was that the roof will be solid sheet machine formed over the sides, virtually a leak proof roof as opposed to what they are doing now, from what I understand the trailer will be made in parts and then assembled, however the thickness of the metal is substantially thicker, the roof is going to be .90 and the sides are .63, also the aluminum is 5052 which a highly corrosive resistant metal along with the thickness of the frame itself which is 3 x 3. It was not what I expected but pleasantly surprised. So did not buy yet and waiting to see the new product, they have been posting on their site http://www.weetrailer.com/off-road
ray suarez
Teardrop Inspector

Postby John61CT » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:10 pm

So which is true?

ATG still makes Weeroll's trailers, they are just a dealer.

Weeroll now makes all their own trailers.

Some are made by ATG others are made in-house.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ray suarez » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:26 am

My understanding is their steel trailers are manufactured for Weeroll to their specs in Georgia, on the website its the classic series, when they started aluminum they had ATG build for them to test the market, and now from the looks of it they learned and they have a major state of the art facility rolling out their new aluminum product line, the product from ATG looks good , but when I went to the facility and saw the proto type, you can see a day and night difference in a small weld shop build as compared to the type of quality it looks like they are going to be putting out. Tom explained to me the cost of just one laser cutter was over $2 million dollars, and the facility was full of them, the metal benders and cutters were the size of houses, not really but, with the tools they are now using, In my opinion the majority of small shops just cannot or will not be able to compete or compare on quality and precision of the product. I am waiting on final price of the wrangler x, which he it trying to bring in at the same price point....will keep you posted
ray suarez
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ray suarez » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:03 am

John61CT wrote:So which is true?

ATG still makes Weeroll's trailers, they are just a dealer.

Weeroll now makes all their own trailers.

Some are made by ATG others are made in-house.

My understanding is their steel trailers are manufactured for Weeroll to their specs in Georgia, on the website its the classic series, when they started aluminum they had ATG build for them to test the market, and now from the looks of it they learned and they have a major state of the art facility rolling out their new aluminum product line, the product from ATG looks good , but when I went to the facility and saw the proto type, you can see a day and night difference in a small weld shop build as compared to the type of quality it looks like they are going to be putting out. Tom explained to me the cost of just one laser cutter was over $2 million dollars, and the facility was full of them, the metal benders and cutters were the size of houses, not really but, with the tools they are now using, In my opinion the majority of small shops just cannot or will not be able to compete or compare on quality and precision of the product. I am waiting on final price of the wrangler x, which he it trying to bring in at the same price point....will keep you posted
ray suarez
Teardrop Inspector

Postby John61CT » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:50 am

Sounds very impressive, they've established a great rep.

If they were able to parlay that into such huge investment so very quickly, he's obviously a very savvy businessman.

Or is it a shared facility?
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ray suarez » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:24 pm

John61CT wrote:Sounds very impressive, they've established a great rep.

If they were able to parlay that into such huge investment so very quickly, he's obviously a very savvy businessman.

Or is it a shared facility?

Not sure, but he walked me thru the facility and seemed very at home there, any way, at the end of the day, if wee roll is bringing that quality in to the RV industry, they are going to be on to something and I'm glad I waited.

I am setting another meeting up for next week, its a 4 hour drive so waiting for the finished product and will see if I can wiggle the proto type out of him, lol, and tow it home, will keep you posted
ray suarez
Teardrop Inspector

Postby dmrogers » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:06 pm

ray suarez wrote:Not sure, but he walked me thru the facility and seemed very at home there, any way, at the end of the day, if wee roll is bringing that quality in to the RV industry, they are going to be on to something and I'm glad I waited.
I am setting another meeting up for next week, it's a 4 hour drive so waiting for the finished product and will see if I can wiggle the proto type out of him, lol, and tow it home, will keep you posted

Thanks for the info! Please keep us updated.

My wife and I are in the planning stages of a CTC/Toy Hauler. We are leaning heavily toward an all aluminum trailer. The issue is, most all of the manufacturers are up north, way up north! We have seen a couple of models about an hour and a half away. But the company just sell them and that leaves me a little concerned.

Wee Roll and ATG is only 6 hours away. I would feel much better dealing with someone relatively close.

I will be following this thread closely.
:thumbsup:
dmrogers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Zipline65 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:13 pm

When I talked with Tom on the phone he indicated that the "new" line would be in place when we get down there next month.
Liz
Zipline65
Silver Donating Member

Postby dmrogers » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:21 am

I want to thank everyone for updating this thread. I am following it closely!

I want to make sure I have the correct info, so:

* Tom is the contact at Wee Roll? I just noticed on social media that Tom Dennis is the person at ATG.

* Wee Roll is now manufacturing their own aluminum trailers?

* In addition to standard models, Wee Roll builds customs?

* Both companies are located in/near Ocala, Fla?

Is anyone in conversation with someone at ATG?

Currently, my plans are to follow this thread, while doing a layout on what we want in a trailer. The thought of using one of these companies is encouraging. There are two aluminum trailer dealers (dealers only) in/near Macon (GA.). Legend and Aluma. They are located in Michigan and Iowa. We looked at some of the Aluma trailers and liked what we saw. BUT, I would prefer to buy a brand that is manufactured closer.
dmrogers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby McDave » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:28 am

NEO trailers look to be a high quality aluminium trailer. They have several models and options available. However, they also are manufactured in Sturgis,.....Michigan. They sound like they smaller privately owned and operated business. I have really only heard good things about their products.

http://www.neotrailers.com/

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Dano-Mich » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:37 pm

And don't forget R&R Trailers in Three Rivers, Michigan! I'm starting to see a pattern.
I ended up purchasing a used R&R 7x12 and am very pleased with the build quality. My dad is possibly ordering a new one in the next week or so. R&R doesn't use dealers so you can deal directly with the manufacturer. I understand the concern and wanting to order something close though.
Dano-Mich
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dmrogers » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Yeah, I had Neo and R&R on my list of manufacturers. You also have Complete Trailers (Bret Costa) out of Colorado that does custom builds. They all have some good looking trailers.
But if the quality is the same and you can get a comparable price, it sure is nice to purchase local(ish).

When we looked at a certain aluminum trailer up near Macon, they were very nice, however the dealer didn't do a lot of work on trailers. They said they do "some" work so I suppose you might have warranty issues.

It's encouraging to think I could purchase an aluminum trailer only 5 hours away.
dmrogers
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions