ris 8.5 X 18 new trailer build 11/1/17

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: ris 8.5 X 18 new trailer build 11/1/17

Postby ris » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:14 pm

Kitchen cabinets. These cabinets are a little heavy but we needed them to support a pull out drawer for the Engel Fridge. Here is a pic of the partially completed cabinets.

Here is a pic of the Engel pulled out. The 120 and 12 volt receptacles for the fridge are in the back of the cabinet that holds the fridge. The drawer glides hold 125 pounds. The Engel is only 60 lbs.

Here is the clearance on the drawer when it is pulled out.

Hopefully we will be finished in 3 weeks.

Richard
ris
Teardrop Master

Postby ris » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:34 pm

Kitchen cabinets with formica on counter top, also with stove top and sink in place. Next is finishing the hooking up of the water lines and drain lines for the sinks. Also running the propane line to the stove. Then the shelves will be installed, the faces of the cabinets and attaching the doors to the cabinets will be the end of the cabinet work.
Kitchen cabinets

Better view of stove top and sink. We will swap the stove from the trailer back to our little boat before our next boat trip. It takes 15 minutes to unhook, move and hook the stove back up.

Our bathroom cabinet with formica top and sink.

Richard
ris
Teardrop Master

Postby ris » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:25 am

Since starting buying this trailer in Oct. we have had a lot of stuff happen. My mom became ill in Oct. and in late Feb. went to be with the Lord full time. Visiting her in several facilities over those months came down with bronchitis three times, and the flu. Have never had bronchitis before and had not had the flue in 10 years. Somehow two weeks ago tore my meniscus on my left knee. Happened while working on the trailer, put my knee down to measure one of the cabinet shelves and when I started standing up there was a small pop. We are now on the way to Cleveland Tn. to attend the funeral of my closest and favorite cousin. He passed suddenly at 65 from a disease I cannot even pronounce. Sometimes it seems like not much is going on and then everything goes sideways. At times like this we just spend time meditating on Psalm 91. We are still hoping to finish the trailer and head west in late Apr. My wife wishes to visit all the national parks in the next 2 years. Hopefully we will even get to meet some of the people on this forum.

Richard
ris
Teardrop Master

Postby albertaborealis » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:55 am

Hi RIS
Sorry to hear about your mother. But thanks for sharing the comfort you have knowing that she has gone to be with her Lord. That kind of comfort allows us to continue with our lives and do the things we love to do. Please continue with your plans and build, sharing them with us.
Richard
albertaborealis
Teardrop Inspector

Postby dmrogers » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:17 am

ris wrote:Since starting buying this trailer in Oct. we have had a lot of stuff happen. My mom became ill in Oct. and in late Feb. went to be with the Lord full time. Visiting her in several facilities over those months came down with bronchitis three times, and the flu. Have never had bronchitis before and had not had the flue in 10 years. Somehow two weeks ago tore my meniscus on my left knee. Happened while working on the trailer, put my knee down to measure one of the cabinet shelves and when I started standing up there was a small pop. We are now on the way to Cleveland Tn. to attend the funeral of my closest and favorite cousin. He passed suddenly at 65 from a disease I cannot even pronounce. Sometimes it seems like not much is going on and then everything goes sideways. At times like this we just spend time meditating on Psalm 91. We are still hoping to finish the trailer and head west in late Apr. My wife wishes to visit all the national parks in the next 2 years. Hopefully we will even get to meet some of the people on this forum.
Richard

Mr. Richard,
I am sorry to hear of the challenges you have been having. I hope you can find comfort in this difficult time. Sometimes, it seems like life can really kick you around a lot.
Psalms 91, that's a good one. Thanks for sharing! I think I needed that too.

Take care, and please stay in touch.
Dave
dmrogers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby FlyBye » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:55 am

ris wrote:Since starting buying this trailer in Oct. we have had a lot of stuff happen. My mom became ill in Oct. and in late Feb. went to be with the Lord full time...
Richard

Richard,
I am sorry to hear of your series of unfortunate events, especially the homegoing of your mother. My dear father just passed away January 9, 2018. It hurts like crazy because there is a void, But Oh, the blessing of knowing that he was right with the Lord and is and will always be with the Lord! There is a peace that does indeed pass all understanding that only Christians can know/enjoy, just take comfort that the hurt/grief we experience is normal, natural and healthy. I wish you well, and my heart and prayers goes out to you especially having such a recent loss myself.

"O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!" --- I Corinthians 15:55-57

"And I heard a voice from Heaven saying unto me, write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors: and their works do follow them." --- Revelation 14:13
FlyBye's 7x16 Cargo Camper Build
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69287
FlyBye
Teardrop Master

Postby flboy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:54 am

Richard, I too am sorry for your loss and recent events. It is never easy, but your faith will see you through. Finish the CTC and finish the race well! It is all about how we finish. :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby McDave » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:24 pm

flboy wrote:Richard, I too am sorry for your loss and recent events. It is never easy, but your faith will see you through. Finish the CTC and finish the race well! It is all about how we finish. :thumbsup:

Nice words, Don. Something to consider. I lost my closest friend Sat. am. to a heart attack . He was 64. And very, very Irish.
I will miss him.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:11 pm

McDave wrote:Nice words, Don. Something to consider. I lost my closest friend Sat. am. to a heart attack . He was 64. And very, very Irish.
I will miss him.
McDave

McDave... so sorry to hear that also. Very sad to loose a friend. Close friends are hard to come by. Take care of yourself. :(
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby ris » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:23 pm

We are back home and starting to work on the camper. Thanks for all your words of encouragement. We have tested out the water and drain systems and they all work. Here is some pics of the formica
counter tops with the sink faucets installed and hooked up. Also the sink drains are hooked up to our one gray water tank.
Kitchen sink

Under kitchen sink

Bathroom sink

Water pump hook up. The hose from the tank to the pump is vertical so you can see the water level of the tank in the tube.

Richard
ris
Teardrop Master

Postby Hader » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:30 pm

Richard,
Do you have a link where you got the water tank?

Nice work :thumbsup:
Hader
Silver Donating Member

Postby featherliteCT1 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:38 pm

Beautiful work!
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ris » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:35 am

Here is the link. Bought it at Amazon, it is a valterra water tank. You have to buy ABS fittings and glue to add large fittings to the tank. It only has 3/8 or 1/4 holes in the tank. Only 1 hole is open but they all have female threads. There are about 6 possible openings in the end of each tank. You open by drilling through the sealed off portion at the back of the threads. but do not mess up the threads when drilling open the sealed off opening. You have to buy the fittings extra if you need a 1 inch opening for a drain like I did. Valterra sells a kit with different fittings and glue. The fitting kit was about $14 and the tank was about $130.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006 ... UTF8&psc=1

Richard
ris
Teardrop Master

Postby McDave » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:48 am

Very nice, Richard. This trailer should serve you well as you visit the Natl' Parks. I would love to take a trip like that someday. Maybe you could post your itinerary occasionally for possible meet ups. We have some beautiful parks in Montana and I would sure consider meeting you if the timing works out. Keep us posted.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby ris » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:09 pm

Took the trailer to the certified scales today to weigh it. We had our batteries (4 trojan 105s), 30 gal of drinking water, fridge, toilet ect. We did not have pots, pans cloths and other miscellaneous stuff. We wanted it to weigh about 4500 lbs. But it was 5225. Trailer is 18 ft X 8.5 feet with tandem 5200 pound axles and extended tongue. Time we load her with stuff, guess she will be near 5800 to 6000 lbs. The old 1500 silverado will be grunting going up the mountains. Do you guys think she can do it with a 5.3 liter motor?

Richard
ris
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions