Progress This Weekend

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Progress This Weekend

Postby phoenixbound » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:24 am

Made good progress this weekend. Insulation in the walls, carpet on the walls, E-Track up and shelf for fridge. I will put some supports under the fridge shelf for transport. Doing ceiling next, then trim. I will probably be building out the nose in Phoenix when I get there next month. Also made sure the Tri-Glide still fits. Getting there.

28 Carpet Up.jpg
28 Carpet Up.jpg (101.24 KiB) Viewed 1370 times

32 TG Loaded.jpg
32 TG Loaded.jpg (112.86 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
Smart enough to know that I still have a lot to learn.

Build diary at viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69652
phoenixbound
Teardrop Master

Re: Progress This Weekend

Postby McDave » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 am

Oh yeah. That's coming along nicely. Walls and floor look good. That E-trac sure is handy stuff. It just gives you so many options, and you can configure the trailer for whatever task you may have today.
Beautiful Tri Glide also. Is that a '17? I see those passing lights and headlight are the High Dollar units. I just upgraded the headlight on the FLHX and it made a huge difference. Now I can see all those little red beady eyes of all the deer out there, not just the ones that I saw when it was too late anyway. SCARY! There are literally hundreds of them in a mile if there is water anywhere close.
Here is a helpful hint, a little something I learned the hard way. Make sure you have a secure latch on those fridge doors and any other door on cabinet or tool chest etc. Anything that is not securely contained will fly around, even inside the fridge. I was fixin to leave Sturgis several years ago after 9 days and stopped to pick up some BBQ brisket to take home to the wife and of course a little for me. We stopped to get fuel when we got to Belle Fourche so I thought maybe I'd have a snack. When I opened the door I swear it looked like a crime scene in there. :shock: 5 lbs of brisket and sauce and broken glass and pickles and ice cream and beer and bottles of water and cole slaw and bath towels and paper towels and shampoo bottles and some stuff I really couldn't identify was splattered and thrown wall to wall and floor to ceiling. Including all over the Street Glide and my leathers. :x Fridge door and cabinet doors had opened and just about everything in there was airborne at some point. So now all doors have latches and pins to lock them closed. And yes, I did eat most of the brisket anyway. Didn't mention that to the wife. ;)
Just sayin',

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby phoenixbound » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:25 am

Thanks. It's a 2016 Tri-Glide. Just my luck they upgrade the motor to a 107 AFTER I bought it. I try not to ride too much after dark, but when I do the headlights are much better than anything I have rode before. I have one strap on the fridge door now, but plan to add another one for the bottom for transport. With the E-Track it's so easy. I pictured a mess like you talked about if I didn't. Should get the ceiling done through the Thanksgiving holiday, then start on the trim. I haven't put up any trim yet. Thanks again for the tip on the rugs. They are real good and cheap solution for the walls. I bought one those vibrating blade things at HF (after watching a YouTube video) and big wide circular blade. Easiest carpet cutting I have ever done. I have one more little strip to cut on left inside of the side door. Almost looking forward to it.

phoenixbound
Teardrop Master

Postby hankaye » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:27 pm

phoenixbound & McDave, Howdy;

Sounds like y'all need some icebox cargo restraints.
The more manly double bared variety;
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/ent ... rv_72-8086

and the single bar for the more lightweight stuff;
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/ent ... rv_72-8044

hank

PS usual disclaimer, I don't get anything from them other then what I pay for ...
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby phoenixbound » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:38 am

Thanks for the tip. Looks like they would work and they are not too expensive.

hankaye wrote:phoenixbound & McDave, Howdy;

Sounds like y'all need some icebox cargo restraints.
The more manly double bared variety;
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/ent ... rv_72-8086

and the single bar for the more lightweight stuff;
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/ent ... rv_72-8044

hank

PS usual disclaimer, I don't get anything from them other then what I pay for ...

phoenixbound
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions