32" Gooseneck Toy Hauler Build

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 32" Gooseneck Toy Hauler Build

Postby norgewizard » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:53 pm

I just about have the trailer finished......waiting for a little nicer weather to crawl underneath and do the final plumbing hookups. Will post pics soon.
Norgewizard
norgewizard
Teardrop Builder

Postby norgewizard » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:01 pm

I do however have a picture of the sidecar I built in the last few weeks while waiting on the weather to clear.
norgewizard
Teardrop Builder

Postby McDave » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:56 pm

Was that one LONG, COLD, BRUTAL, NEVER ENDING WINTER or what? Holy Smokes..... even for the hardcores, that was a long one. If we make it through the flooding soon to come, it'll be smooth sailing from there. 8)
I've been chomping at the bit to see what you have done. Pics Please. I am digging the sidehack. Is that a Guzzi too? They always had cool hard bags. So what did you use for the donor rear end? That looks like a vintage drum brake from an old Honda or Ural? Or is that straight up sidecar stuff?

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby norgewizard » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:32 am

Yes.....definitely the never ending winter.....still have an ice rink for a driveway.
The wheel and swingarm are from a 99 Suzuki gz 250.....bought on ebay. The rest of the parts I fabricated in my garage over the last month. I need to do some testing and
final adjustments before building the car body. That is if I can ever get out my driveway!!!! I will need to fab up a brake lever that I can use adjacent to the bikes rear brake lever.
The bike is a 99 Guzzi EV Touring model. I bought it a couple of years ago with only 20,000 miles on it. The sidecar thing is just something I always wanted to do, and this seemed like a good winter to do it, since my trailer came late last fall and I was not able to get it completed and leave for the south before the snow flew.
Pics coming soon!!

Tim
norgewizard
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions