Truck Shell Window Repurpose

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Truck Shell Window Repurpose

Postby OCBINVA » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:09 am

I was offered a couple slider windows out of a truck shell for my camper conversion. With the differences in wall thickness is it even possible to use those? He's gonna bring them so I can see them on Saturday. I know the interior ring screws on. I am trying to keep this a low budget build But I'm wondering upon better off just buying a couple new windows. Opinions appreciated.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
The Perpetual Tinkerer... The Goal: To keep Idle hands Busy, the Mind active, and the Muscles stretched...

Current Build: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=69709

Owner of a 66 Beeline, a 65 COX, and a 66 Apache and soon to be Micro Outdoorsman
OCBINVA
Teardrop Builder

Re: Truck Shell Window Repurpose

Postby Hader » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:42 am

You can use plywood (desired thickness) against outer skin, and frame your interior wall around it.
Hader
Silver Donating Member

Postby OCBINVA » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:05 am

I was thinking I could make it work in some way. That's part of the fun trying to engineer it. For $25 I think I might just try it.
The Perpetual Tinkerer... The Goal: To keep Idle hands Busy, the Mind active, and the Muscles stretched...

Owner of a 66 Beeline, a 65 COX, and a 66 Apache and soon to be Micro Outdoorsman
OCBINVA
Teardrop Builder

Postby Hader » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:07 am

Hader
Silver Donating Member

Postby OCBINVA » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:27 am

thanks for the picture that give be some ideas. I can make the window work even in the insulated wall is thicker. I can just have a small ledge around it to compensate for the difference in thickness. This trailer is weird cause its built with brackets and plywood. Its over 30yrs old and water tight so I will modify the design a little but why change what works.

OCBINVA
Teardrop Builder

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions